First out the door

Poynton ram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

With the Jan transfer window about to open who do we think will be first to leave.

Butters to Hull perhaps or Anya (what has happened to him) to the SPL?

Yea, if no League 1, League 2 or National League clubs come in for Anya he might drop all the way down to the SPL......Aberdeen maybe?

8 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

He has failed to make an impact under four managers now. He has been frozen out completely by two of them. He is clearly not good enough and is a victim of nothing. 

Why should he walk away from a contract we offered?

With a bit of luck it might be young Sibley (or any other promising U23) to some Scots Prem or div 1 team on loan.

Let’s see how ready he (they) are for the next step. This is our future, nurturing talent from the Academy, instead of signing too many high contract players. If we get anything from those frozen out or fringe players great, if not take the hit in the summer, but crucial we blood more youngsters.

5 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

This! if I could earn twice as much than anywhere else for doing nothing I would... and anyone that says they wouldn’t is a liar. 

The counter to that is if you already have a million plus in the bank and do a job you really earn which has a limited time span to it, then you just may feel differently. However, I don't like blame him one bit...

3 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

He has failed to make an impact under four managers now. He has been frozen out completely by two of them. He is clearly not good enough and is a victim of nothing. 

"victim" is relative I suppose. Watford fans all thought he was a useful championship player who could cover all the wide positions. It's a move that clearly hasn't worked for either party but I suppose his wages will have to consul him for his career killing move. He's not young by football standards either so even if he foes move he'll never the money Derby are paying him anywhere else.

it's a shame, the likeable versatile Watford and Scotland wideman checked out a long time ago.

5 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

If I read the hint in the recent interview correctly, Anya seems happy to sit out his fat contract.

Butterfield hopefully to Hull is still on.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

If i was anya then i'd do exactly the same. He's the innocent victim of managerial bum wipery.

Exactly! To be fair from what I’ve seen and heard he’s worked hard and put effort in with the U23s and he’s been good with the young lads. Why walk away from a good chunk of money? 

A move or loan where we still pay a chunk so he’s not losing out sounds like the best bet 

16 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

He's been better than Josephzoon and his average performance is not much down on Lawrence's. I suspect that the issue is not to do with his first team performances. Maybe big payments due for another appearance or really poor attitude? Always noticeable that he never joined the other subs in warming up/kick around at half time when on the bench. 

Archived