Sign in to follow this  
QuitYourJibbaJivin

Jayden Bogle

13 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

For 8M i would gladly pick him up and drive him there myself

Both Danny Simpson and Fuchs at Leicester cant get a game (apart from the crap cup last night) this would sort out both full back problems and still have a fair bit of change

Jesus wept...have you not seen how FL wants us to play? 

Lets just rip up our current plan to buy these 2 over the hill full backs who'll be on astronomical money having won the league 2 years ago. 

On Bogle, I always feel like we do quite poorly in terms of transfer fees received. 

I'd like to see us push for £10m with loan back until summer. Otherwise we need to go out ourselves and pay over the odds for a right back this January as I don't think Wisdom is technical enough to play the marauding full back role. 

I'd drive him to Bournemouth for £2 million.

Can't stop crosses, positioning weak at times, not great in the air, scared to whip a ball in first time (Has got slightly better in recent games but still wants a touch first), feel like he's getting over confident and thus losing the ball, passing not great especially over the top balls.

I don't buy into the age thing - they can be 17 or 36, I look at the skill set they are bringing to the team at this point in time. the days of 'planning for the future' are long gone at our level.

RB is an area we must improve to stand a chance of getting top two.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Can't stop crosses, positioning weak at times, not great in the air, scared to whip a ball in first time (Has got slightly better in recent games but still wants a touch first), feel like he's getting over confident and thus losing the ball, passing not great especially over the top balls.

I don't buy into the age thing - they can be 17 or 36, I look at the skill set they are bringing to the team at this point in time. the days of 'planning for the future' are long gone at our level.

We all have to start somewhere and it is my guess that if a Premier club is looking at him at 8M.  Then he must be doing something right.

But I guess you are some kind of expert

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He has a better pass accuracy than Tom Huddlestone. The only players who put in more successful tackles are Malone and Tomori. On average, someone takes the ball past him once every other game. Only Wilson and Mount create more chances. No-one takes the ball past the opposition more frequently.

Don't get me wrong, Bogle has a lot to work on, and he has some clear weaknesses - but I put him in my Derby Best XI before the season started and I maintain that he's easily one of our better players - especially if you remove all the players who don't actually belong to us.
It would be of no surprise to me if someone like Bournemouth were willing to gamble on his upside, and £8m is good value for it. He will improve his positioning, that all comes with experience.

25 minutes ago, Norman said:

Can't actually believe people are willing to let someone who turned 18 a few months a go, leave so easily.

He's going to be a ducking beast of a player. 8 million is nothing these days. It gets you a Bradley ducking Johnson with a bit if change.

You only need a new manager to come in who doesn't "see him in his plans" to see him sold for £3m or less. 

And even that's only if he continues to improve - which is no guarantee. 

I'd like to see him stay - I agree that I do believe he is going to be a beast. But I've been wrong before, as have we all. I'd surely be tempted by £8m if a sell-on was included.

I would accept 5 million but with a 35% sell on fee and a 2 million bonus  if he plays for England. I would say he is a  very average championship full back at the moment becuase of his lack of defensive abilities but in the future he could develop into a top premier league player as he clearly has talent it  just depends on how much he improves which nobody can really predict.  

Edited by WAGHORNY RAM99

38 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You only need a new manager to come in who doesn't "see him in his plans" to see him sold for £3m or less. 

And even that's only if he continues to improve - which is no guarantee. 

I'd like to see him stay - I agree that I do believe he is going to be a beast. But I've been wrong before, as have we all. I'd surely be tempted by £8m if a sell-on was included.

Ok, so he goes for £8 million. Who are we going to get to replace him? You'd think to match him, we would have to fork out some money to replace his talent and potential. 

Cyrus Christie, a player similar to Bogle in some respects would cost us 4 million plus, but Bogle is already better than him imo. Then factor in the higher wages and your 8 million isn't looking like a lot. Unless we can find a gem, but they aren't easy to come by and is risky,

It would have to be 12 million for me to even consider it.

I'd rather get rid of Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson and Thorne and bring in a CM or two. That would improve the team at little cost.

And by little cost, i mean they could all go for free, but the saving in wages would be huge. We're getting outplayed by Wigan at the moment in midfield. With 10 men. Any Cm would be an improvement on those 4. Even Robbie Savage would be.

Edited by Norman

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Yes his big flaw is stopping crosses. But he is young and it is something they will work on with him. Being good at stopping crosses doesn't come down to any physical attributes, it's purely experience. Bogle also prefers to cut inside than cross the ball. 

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Can't actually believe people are willing to let someone who turned 18 a few months a go, leave so easily.

He's going to be a ducking beast of a player. 8 million is nothing these days. It gets you a Bradley ducking Johnson with a bit if change.

It's the Derby Way

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

Ok, so he goes for £8 million. Who are we going to get to replace him? You'd think to match him, we would have to fork out some money to replace his talent and potential. 

Cyrus Christie, a player similar to Bogle in some respects would cost us 4 million plus, but Bogle is already better than him imo. Then factor in the higher wages and your 8 million isn't looking like a lot. Unless we can find a gem, but they aren't easy to come by and is risky,

It would have to be 12 million for me to even consider it.

I'd rather get rid of Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson and Thorne and bring in a CM or two. That would improve the team at little cost.

And by little cost, i mean they could all go for free, but the saving in wages would be huge. We're getting outplayed by Wigan at the moment in midfield. With 10 men. Any Cm would be an improvement on those 4. Even Robbie Savage would be.

I can see us signing a CM on loan until the end of the season, in Jan. With the intention of them playing alongside Huddlestone. Leaving Bryson, Butterfield, Thorne, Johnson and Ledley with little to no game time. 

Just now, Uptherams said:

I can see us signing a CM on loan until the end of the season, in Jan. With the intention of them playing alongside Huddlestone. Leaving Bryson, Butterfield, Thorne, Johnson and Ledley with little to no game time. 

I will be honest, I had forgot Ledley existed. The 5 of them must be costing us 100k a week at the least and are offering nothing Ben Pringle can't do.