Jayden Bogle

QuitYourJibbaJivin

8 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Yes his big flaw is stopping crosses. But he is young and it is something they will work on with him. Being good at stopping crosses doesn't come down to any physical attributes, it's purely experience. Bogle also prefers to cut inside than cross the ball

Annoys the hell out of me this point. The longer it takes for a cross to come in, the easier it is for defenders to get themselves organised.

Crosses need to come in quick, 8-10 feet max, with whip on them and just behind defenders. (aka the Forsyth cross to Marriott versus Sheff Utd). Bogle has only done one really good cross this season (away at Wigan), I cannot remember any others?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

They will be in the Prem as long as Eddie Howe is there. Once a bigger club come I for him they will be on a downward spiral. Personally I would offload Bogle to finance squad strengthening. Also he is poor defensively, and you don’t get out of this league without a solid defence. I would also apply that criteria to Villa, you can’t concede 5 goals at home and be serious contenders. ?

We currently have the 4th best defence in the league - most would class that as pretty solid. 

Our 24 in 22 is equivalent to 50 at the end of the season. Teams getting promoted with the same or worse than that are: Huddersfield conceded 58, Watford conceded 50, Palace conceded 62, Hull conceded 52 (12/13 season), Norwich conceded 58 (10/11 season). 

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

They will be in the Prem as long as Eddie Howe is there. Once a bigger club come In for him they will be on a downward spiral. Personally I would offload Bogle to finance squad strengthening. Also he is poor defensively, and you don’t get out of this league without a solid defence. I would also apply that criteria to Villa, you can’t concede 5 goals at home and be serious contenders. ?

What about conceding 4 at home - does that make you more serious contenders?

36 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What about conceding 4 at home - does that make you more serious contenders?

Liverpool are on a different level. Would you keep Bogle if the rumours are true and an offer of 8m is imminent? I think he has potential but that sort of money could be the difference between promotion and another year in the championship.

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We currently have the 4th best defence in the league - most would class that as pretty solid. 

Our 24 in 22 is equivalent to 50 at the end of the season. Teams getting promoted with the same or worse than that are: Huddersfield conceded 58, Watford conceded 50, Palace conceded 62, Hull conceded 52 (12/13 season), Norwich conceded 58 (10/11 season). 

Good enough for a play off place maybe ? Full backs , CB and CM need to be addressed in the window of its championship again next season.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Annoys the hell out of me this point. The longer it takes for a cross to come in, the easier it is for defenders to get themselves organised.

Crosses need to come in quick, 8-10 feet max, with whip on them and just behind defenders. (aka the Forsyth cross to Marriott versus Sheff Utd). Bogle has only done one really good cross this season (away at Wigan), I cannot remember any others?

I rate bogle highly, he will 100% play most of his career in the premier league. He hasn't got many weak points, needs to work on his closing down of crosses, especially if hes premier league bound.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Yes and his strength is cutting inside, which leads to numerous freekicks. The talent we have, I'll take that! It will also soon lead to penalties too and goals for the lad himself. It also draws in another defender which frees up the likes of Wilson, Mount and Lawrence to have a pop in and around the box. 

Marriott is a  natural poacher and goalscorer. He adjusts his position accordingly. If the ball isn't coming in via a cross he still takes up the appropriate position. 

On 20/12/2018 at 10:14, rammieib said:

I'd drive him to Bournemouth for £2 million.

We hear £8 million is being offered for the youngest player in our squad yet you'd happily shove him out the door for 1/4 of that fee! I guess you're unaware that we've just paid £3 million for Scott Malone who is 10 years older than Jayden? What about Wisdom who is 7 years older and cost £3 mill plus add ons, yet is being kept out of the side in favour of his much younger counterpart? Can't speak for anyone else but I'm mighty grateful that you're not involved with DCFC transfers given how you assess player values. The clue might be that someone as astute as Eddie Howe thinks he Premiership quality in the making, but what's Eddie know compared to you, eh? 

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

We hear £8 million is being offered for the youngest player in our squad yet you'd happily shove him out the door for 1/4 of that fee! I guess you're unaware that we've just paid £3 million for Scott Malone who is 10 years older than Jayden? What about Wisdom who is 7 years older and cost £3 mill plus add ons, yet is being kept out of the side in favour of his much younger counterpart? Can't speak for anyone else but I'm mighty grateful that you're not involved with DCFC transfers given how you assess player values. The clue might be that someone as astute as Eddie Howe thinks he Premiership quality in the making, but what's Eddie know compared to you, eh? 

For a starter it's a rumour with no sound substance to it so show me a firm bid first.

Secondly, we have overpaid for Malone in my honest opinion. I think FL underestimated Forsyth and it was a rush buy although he got lucky given the injury  to Lowe.

I don't rate Lowe for the same reasons I don't rate Bogle that highly. What is Lowe worth in your opinion though?

Ulitmately it's probably better neither you or I is the manager and we both keep our opinions to the chat boards without going  a bit too personal on one another hey?

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

For a starter it's a rumour with no sound substance to it so show me a firm bid first.

Secondly, we have overpaid for Malone in my honest opinion. I think FL underestimated Forsyth and it was a rush buy although he got lucky given the injury  to Lowe.

I don't rate Lowe for the same reasons I don't rate Bogle that highly. What is Lowe worth in your opinion though?

Ulitmately it's probably better neither you or I is the manager and we both keep our opinions to the chat boards without going  a bit too personal on one another hey?

It's not personal I just think you're talking nonsense. Either that or you don't understand how the transfer market works, especially with young English players - Jayden has just turned 18 and is contracted until Summer of 2022 and yet you think that £2 million would be a bargain. Sorry, but I don't. I think there'd be uproar amongst Derby fans if we got shot of him that cheaply, hence my response. Frank obviously thinks he's up to first team standard and Eddie Howe clearly thinks he can be better still, irrespective of the fee. You on the other hand, don't. I know whose opinions I value more, especially given your negative appraisal of one of our brightest young talents. 

I think he'a absolutely superb for 18/19

i've  paul williams, giles barnes, Mason bennett, etc etc and for his age he's better than them all.....apart from will

On 20/12/2018 at 20:44, hintonsboots said:

They will be in the Prem as long as Eddie Howe is there. Once a bigger club come In for him they will be on a downward spiral. Personally I would offload Bogle to finance squad strengthening. Also he is poor defensively, and you don’t get out of this league ious without a solid defence. I would also apply that criteria to Villa, you can’t concede 5 goals at home and be sercontenders. ?

Unfrtunately just signed a top class goalie for £7m.

2 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

No way should we sell for £8m and no way will we. The aim here is to build a team and squad that can get promoted and stay there. You don't do that by flogging off young players to premiership minnows and see their value double in one season    

It’s what happens when you are in the championship and you need to sell to buy 

32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s what happens when you are in the championship and you need to sell to buy 

The £8m would be handy offsetting the FFP losses we will book this season too, with many expensive players coming to the end of their contract.

That could be the only reason the club would accept an offer, surely.

On 19/12/2018 at 09:49, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

No official link as of yet but somebody on Facebook asked Steve Nicholson if he heard the rumour that Bournemouth were looking into Bogle. Steve Nicholson comfimred that he had. 

The fee quoted in the rumour was £8m. I’d be more than happy with that personally.

This was the initial post and as I was bored I’ve read all the responses.It’s hilarious how some people over react to a “ rumour” as if what some bloke down the pub said has to be taken SO very seriously! Personally,I’d be surprised if a young promising player in the Championship wasn’t being scouted by quite a few teams.You have to remember he’s only 18 and make a big jump from the U23s to be playing at this level.He’s developing and still learning so there’s bound to be mistakes made.As for his “valuation” of £8m,I can’t stop laughing.This must be from the same “experts” who insisted that Hughes was worth over £15m despite Watford being the only club interested.A player is only worth what someone’s prepared to pay! Let’s just see how Bogle develops and let Frankie decide with Mel what’s best for the club.

Archived