Does Derby have one of the best Stadium atmosphere

Curtains

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, angieram said:

There'll be a bit less noise in the North Stand tonight. I'm laid up at home with a bug. Been battling all day to get there but failed a late fitness test. ?

I know the feeling.

A long standing cyst that I'm awaiting surgery on chose today to burst!

Not in a good way, either.

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd agree in theory... although I can't deny I struggled to contain my sheer excitement when I first read of the i-Pro stadium thing.

Admittedly, I automatically assumed it was an apple-based partnership, and thus assumed we would be festooned in sponsorship money to put even the likes of Etihad and Emirates to shame!

I never gave a seconds thought to the possibility of it being a two-bob pop company, to my subsequent embarrassment!

Moaned when they changed the name to IPRO big time on here

D block in the south stand sung throughout the game and were trying to get the rest to join in, we also tried to get the east stand going and failed. I see the stick the south stand gets and it really winds me up when it's coming from folk that do nothing to help the atmosphere apart from wave a flag before kick off.

12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

D block in the south stand sung throughout the game and were trying to get the rest to join in, we also tried to get the east stand going and failed. I see the stick the south stand gets and it really winds me up when it's coming from folk that do nothing to help the atmosphere apart from wave a flag before kick off.

A lot of us over in F block were joining in as well, I’ve lost me voice, but songs were being started up in the corner near West Stand as well so those in the  middle were a bit confused.

Birmingham were louder than the gumps imo.

The ref was an incompetent buffoon and will surely be relegated to the Doveridge summer league when his performance is analysed. 

35 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Agree with this 100 percent, now I sit in the east stand, near the north, and we gave it a go at times, but since the south stand had arrived at pp the atmosphere has improved so much, so as far as I am concern, you have at LAST, given pp a atmosphere , it has lacked for years, please do not compare it to the baseball ground, because that era of football has finished, and the atmosphere back then will never be repeated by no club, ask Liverpool, Westham,Chelsea, Leeds, Manu and the rest, football has changed, and pp is as good,  if not better than most grounds

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

South stand were poor today , people bang on about how good they are ! Poor tonight , honestly the North stand were louder tonight .

Sat in the South Stand, I only heard the North Stand once over us.

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

A lot of us over in F block were joining in as well, I’ve lost me voice, but songs were being started up in the corner near West Stand as well so those in the  middle were a bit confused.

Birmingham were louder than the gumps imo.

The ref was an incompetent buffoon and will surely be relegated to the Doveridge summer league when his performance is analysed. 

Spot on, Utch. 

In fairness i thought that we were noisier until they sang "champions of europe, you"ll never sing that"

and that just destroyed us. There were grown men crying near me. 

Just now, philmycock said:

South Stand was quiet, didn't hear the gumps either, pretty poor all round, need a clear out of the SS

I think frank will address it in january.

probably try and get a loan of the Shed end.

Ditch the flags, we've done them to death. And the pre-match music just before KO. The poet geezer was good but not too sure it was the right fit. 

I thought it would be good tonight but disappointed all round - had a family feel to it even from the red dogs. We need some characters to get the rivalry going again. Tonight was stale, it just felt like another game in the end. 

5 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Ditch the flags, we've done them to death. And the pre-match music just before KO. The poet geezer was good but not too sure it was the right fit. 

I thought it would be good tonight but disappointed all round - had a family feel to it even from the red dogs. We need some characters to get the rivalry going again. Tonight was stale, it just felt like another game in the end. 

The flags were ok but i can't stand that idiot with the mike demanding 'thats it, keep it up, keep it going' 

i'd happily shove my flag up his harris.

Archived