Experienced centre half in January

therealhantsram

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good, experienced, centre half would cost a lot of money. I think nearly every team at this level has an experienced assumed leader option, even the clubs at the bottom of the pile. We have Keogh, who has assumed that role and has done it consistently for a top 10 club at this level for over half a decade. He's also recently been the captain of his (adopted) country. 

I'd rather, personally, go after someone with resale value & a bit of ability. We were linked with Ben Davies at Preston, who their fans rated very highly. I'd sooner go with someone of that mould rather than trying to pick up a Ryan Shawcross type player. 

I just imagine how much better this team would be if Igor Stimac in his prime joined. Makes you realise how important that role is...he would give the full backs licence to bomb forwards, give Hudds the confidence to dictate play and tell Carson to get the chuff off his line. 

Plenty of options going forward all just a bit powder puff and inexperienced if an experienced team puts us under the hammer, which is obviously why Frank played Bradley on Wed...but that backfired. 

Think we need a leader at center back or defensive midfield to get the best out of Mount, Wilson...Lawrence. 

On 30/11/2018 at 20:19, RiddingsRam said:

Personally I'd prefer and experienced right back to come in and Wisdom be given more time centrally , looked good there in pre season and also nearly played a full season in that role at Salzburg.

That's a very sensible suggestion. Totally agree.

Archived