Stoke fans

jimbobram

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Camstoke10 said:

Didn’t see your comment earlier, and it wasn’t that low because the game where we got promoted was a sell out and most the games that season were ???and they will never be better than stoke, they are that mongy they paid for a plane to fly over bet 365 on the wrong day ?was meant to be Saturday but it was Sunday instead ???

Apologies. You'd better get Stoke City to correct their own historic stats:

image.thumb.png.a7dfc68b4e2e22cd78d636e9e019bb72.png

image.thumb.png.9a67da6cb22a688ce07c85ecac8047cd.png

11 hours ago, Papahet said:

Any club whose main chant is a Tom Jones song is abit odd tbh

There’s a story behind that. 

One of there old sponsors who is a bit of a legend in the potteries (say no more), also has a wife called Delilah, hence how the song became part of their folklore.

My useless fact of the day.

Just now, Stoke in peace said:

If you do your homework, you'll find that Arsenal refused to accept an apology, even though one wasn't required. The abuse and threats that Shawcross received were disgraceful. Stoke fans then retaliated by abusing Ramsey and Wenger, as neither acted accordingly. The whole thing got out of hand and descended into a slanging match whenever we played each other. Stoke fans got the bad press though, even though I thought Arsenal acted inappropriately.

I'll be honest, I haven't done my homework due to a lack of interest. I just remember you lot booing Ramsey, causing trouble at the train station down here and then booing Keogh last night. That's enough for me to think Stoke City is a fooking dump.

Away from football I bet you're a nice bloke. But unfortunately now we are sworn enemies who will meet on the battlefield of Pride Park to sing nasty songs and maybe swear at each other. Who knows, maybe a few hand gestures.

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's a song and a bounce. It's a bit like when every football fan jumps around like an idiot when there team scores. Or sings that their team is the greatest team the world has ever seen. Or like your mate here who claims Mark Hughes' Stoke played the best football the Midlands has ever seen. Some things are just for fun not to be taken too seriously. 

Have you lot played Sheff Wednesday yet? You two will get on. They claim every song as their own and not to be copied. While you lot can have an XFactor buzzer to judge them.  

Delilah is our own song tho but I see where you are going with this... cough 

Mark Hughes had Shaqiri, Arni, Bojan, Affelay in that team so yeh was he best football I saw! TP football deserted us years ago just labelled with it cause of the Delap days! 

13 minutes ago, Stoke in peace said:

I think you're a little confused. Please read my previous posts and the penny may drop.

Yep, it was a pretty good atmosphere that Derby fans (I won't call you scum out of respect) played an instrumental part in creating. 

I read your previous post when you stereo typed Cardiff fans the same, Leeds fans the same and Millwall fans the same, then kicked off about me branding stoke fans the same.

and it’s nice to see 1 of the 22k has respect??

4 minutes ago, Potter7648 said:

Mark Hughes had Shaqiri, Arni, Bojan, Affelay in that team so yeh was he best football I saw! TP football deserted us years ago just labelled with it cause of the Delap days! 

5E22FDA8-5EDE-49CC-94F4-E195124FC9A7.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I read your previous post when you stereo typed Cardiff fans the same, Leeds fans the same and Millwall fans the same, then kicked off about me branding stoke fans the same.

and it’s nice to see 1 of the 22k has respect??

They were all examples. Not once did I stereotype them all as scum. 

I have to give my head a good wobble at a few Stoke games because of the way that some fans act and what comes out of their mouths. However, I've also witnessed other clubs with undesirable fans too. Stereotypical comments are dangerous and absurd in my opinion. 

Just now, Stoke in peace said:

They were all examples. Not once did I stereotype them all as scum. 

I have to give my head a good wobble at a few Stoke games because of the way that some fans act and what comes out of their mouths. However, I've also witnessed other clubs with undesirable fans too. Stereotypical comments are dangerous and absurd in my opinion. 

Come on, you may not have said scum, but you were branding them the same thing. Cheering an injured player is pretty scummy imo. Not a one off either. 

7 minutes ago, Potter7648 said:

Firstly, Delilah belongs to Sheffield Wednesday until they say otherwise. You're new to this league so maybe you didn't know the rules. They're the judge on football chants down here, not you. They decide what is acceptable and funny. 

The best football I saw was under Jim Smith with Stimac, Wanchope and Eranio. But the best football the Midlands has seen is probably in the numerous league titles. One that was won by Leicester not too long ago. It's ok, I understand drunken rambling when I read it. 

I am pretty confident you will miss Hughes more and more the longer Rowett is there. Whatever the results.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

5E22FDA8-5EDE-49CC-94F4-E195124FC9A7.jpeg

Give over mate, they came fourth in the league once, so they were obviously better than our two League Champion teams, and there last 32 in the Europa League trumps us getting to the European Cup Semi-Final ?

5 minutes ago, curb said:

Give over mate, they came fourth in the league once, so they were obviously better than our two League Champion teams, and there last 32 in the Europa League trumps us getting to the European Cup Semi-Final ?

They won some Birmingham & district league in 1910 during their golden period.

I just want to walk into a stokies house, drop a large turd  of Mr whippy consistency on the living room carpet, then offer an apology. 

Because if the apology is refused, I can claim the moral high ground for ever more. I can even say I don't normally poop on people's carpet, I'm therefore not that kind of guy and its totally unfair that all every remembers is that I did a poo in someone's living room. 

Archived