Stoke fans

jimbobram

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Stoke in peace said:

I'm absolutely appalled that an injured player got lambasted but please note that this was a very small minority of our fans. Unfortunately, all clubs have fans with a similar mentality.

Please don't drag the Ramsey injury into this debate, it happened some time ago and was a freak accident.

Thought it was a decent game last night and we did well to get 3 points from it. We battled from the start and deserved the win. Just hope we can continue to build on this.

Looking forward to visiting Pride Park this season and having a few in the Brunswick before the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

I’ve said this but apparently they heard the whole stadium booing ??

42 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Doesn't that just prove that it's no big deal for them but for you it's your cup final? 

No it doesn’t, they can get to Wembley woth there first team, they have only had around 3000 attendance in there home games and that’s including the away fans

It happens. Wolves did the same with Matty Etherington when he was put out for the FA cup final. It's just wrong and there's no way I'd even attempt to justify it.

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I disagree. Not all clubs have fans that regularly boo players for being injured and mock those who broke their legs. Whilst I appreciate you might not be like this, it's a Stoke fan issue, I've never seen any other club mock injuries as often as Stoke. 

Absolute rubbish. You've obviously not been to the likes of Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff etcetera...Wolves mocked Matty Etherington when his injury prevented him from reaching the FA cup final.  It happens unfortunately and I find it embarrassing.

You obviously lost and not happy with it being against a Rowett side. There's really no need to insult Stoke fans collectively. It's narrow minded and ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Stoke in peace said:

It happens. Wolves did the same with Matty Etherington when he was put out for the FA cup final. It's just wrong and there's no way I'd even attempt to justify it.

Absolute rubbish. You've obviously not been to the likes of Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff etcetera...Wolves mocked Matty Etherington when his injury prevented him from reaching the FA cup final.  It happens unfortunately and I find it embarrassing.

You obviously lost and not happy with it being against a Rowett side. There's really no need to insult Stoke fans collectively. It's narrow minded and ridiculous. 

Wasn't an insult, more of an observation. I've been to all of those stadiums, and I never heard them mocking injuries. Stoke have a lot of prior for it, Wilson, Ramsey, Davies and more I would imagine, without paying too much attention to Stoke. 

17 minutes ago, Stoke in peace said:

I'm absolutely appalled that an injured player got lambasted but please note that this was a very small minority of our fans. Unfortunately, all clubs have fans with a similar mentality.

Please don't drag the Ramsey injury into this debate, it happened some time ago and was a freak accident.

Thought it was a decent game last night and we did well to get 3 points from it. We battled from the start and deserved the win. Just hope we can continue to build on this.

Looking forward to visiting Pride Park this season and having a few in the Brunswick before the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

I think a few on here have forgot that when in a stadium and in the heat of the moment it’s sometimes hard to really understand what’s going on. Ie the boos for Keogh before halftime were very loud but after half time it had quelled quite a bit because they’d seen the actual challenge. Similar with Davies in their were cheers when he went down, probably because people just thought he’d slipped rather than a bad injury. When he went off I only heard a warm applause, ofcourse there will be some who boo those situations but every club have them unfortunately. 

It was certainly a game you couldn’t take your eye off and you deserved to win. It was always going to be Rowett’s game though, he’s at his best when his teams need to come out fighting. It’s rather the games you should win, rather than need to win, that are his downfall somewhat.

Aye, looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be a different Derby County that turns up though!

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Wasn't an insult, more of an observation. I've been to all of those stadiums, and I never heard them mocking injuries. Stoke have a lot of prior for it, Wilson, Ramsey, Davies and more I would imagine, without paying too much attention to Stoke. 

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think a few on here have forgot that when in a stadium and in the heat of the moment it’s sometimes hard to really understand what’s going on. Ie the boos for Keogh before halftime were very loud but after half time it had quelled quite a bit because they’d seen the actual challenge. Similar with Davies in their were cheers when he went down, probably because people just thought he’d slipped rather than a bad injury. When he went off I only heard a warm applause, ofcourse there will be some who boo those situations but every club have them unfortunately. 

It was certainly a game you couldn’t take your eye off and you deserved to win. It was always going to be Rowett’s game though, he’s at his best when his teams need to come out fighting. It’s rather the games you should win, rather than need to win, that are his downfall somewhat.

Aye, looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be a different Derby County that turns up though!

Thanks for your considered reply. Should be a great atmosphere and we'll sell out for this one. 

Stoke fans are deluded IMO. A few years in the premier league has got to their heads, give it a year or two and they'll find their level again and gates down to their norm. They beat us last night and that is all what really should matter but d**k waving allowing I genuinely can't see any aspect of their club that rivals us in size, from facilities, to size of fanbase (only just relegated and we still average more than them after a decade in this league), honours (they've won nothing so far as I can tell), all time league position (we're premier league, they are championship), years in top flight, all time attendances, the list goes on.... a little irksome as you can accept the arguments for the size of clubs when coming from the likes of West Brom/Wolves/Wednesday/Sheff U/Forest as they have the stats to back it up, like we do, Stoke don't just not rival us but they don't rival any of the decent sized Midlands clubs, at all. We all beat them hands down.

I feel quite bad for the majority of Stoke fans because they're universally known as animals, with the better behaved ones still labelled as sub-human scum. However, I don't think they're any better or worse than any other fan base in England as a collective. They don't help themselves, sure, but we've got our fair share of supporters that would also mock an injured player. We sung and celebrated the death of Forest's chairman for christ sake. Before the Villa game, I was walking from the station and their fans were signing 'I'd rather be a (middle eastern nationality) than a blue'. If you go up and down the country, there is no end of examples for every club in the country. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I feel quite bad for the majority of Stoke fans because they're universally known as animals, with the better behaved ones still labelled as sub-human scum. However, I don't think they're any better or worse than any other fan base in England as a collective. They don't help themselves, sure, but we've got our fair share of supporters that would also mock an injured player. We sung and celebrated the death of Forest's chairman for christ sake. Before the Villa game, I was walking from the station and their fans were signing 'I'd rather be a (middle eastern nationality) than a blue'. If you go up and down the country, there is no end of examples for every club in the country. 

I would wager good money the collective assessment of all English league supporters would put Stoke in a top 5 on "thug stakes" taking their places with the likes of Leeds, Millwall and Cardiff. Yes every club has thugs and wallies, some just have a lot more than others, Stoke being one. A reputation is typically earned, usually over a long time.

22 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Mass boos for Keogh all game when he nearly had his leg broken by the most hideous tackle I’ve seen in some time

Oh get over it, it was a follow through no intent, fellani did the exact same the other week and didn’t get sent off get over it

Archived