Snakes at the Bet365 Stadium?

DarkFruitsRam7

Don't get the obsession with Rowett and Stoke. Maybe if you live over that way? I'm glad he's gone, our football is transformed and beautiful, and we got compensation for him. I reserve my managerial loathing for Tommy Docherty and Billy Davies.

But it's harmless fun and if people are prepared go to Stoke on a Wednesday night before Christmas with the game on Sky, then they're free to do what they want. Rowett will enjoy the attention whatever the result. Hoping we win, it'll be the forlorn Stoke fans who'll be made even more miserable at where they've ended up.

?????

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Don't get the obsession with Rowett and Stoke. Maybe if you live over that way? I'm glad he's gone, our football is transformed and beautiful, and we got compensation for him. I reserve my managerial loathing for Tommy Docherty and Billy Davies.

But it's harmless fun and if people are prepared go to Stoke on a Wednesday night before Christmas with the game on Sky, then they're free to do what they want. Rowett will enjoy the attention whatever the result. Hoping we win, it'll be the forlorn Stoke fans who'll be made even more miserable at where they've ended up.

?????

Precisely.  Any mention of his name in any song/chant from our fans will give him the impression that we care... that he matters!

Allow the whole evening to pass without utterance of his name, or acknowledgement of his existence, however...

Yes the football is much more entertaining now. The atmosphere is electric at times now and I'm glad he's gone but the guy did speak with a forked tongue- all this Derby is my dream job! Yeah, yeah yeah. He is a snake, deserves to be called snake. I don't care whether he likes it or not if I want to chant snake or wave my plastic snake around or hiss I don't see any problem. I'm with the ones who see in the category of many a true word spoken in jest!

On 19/11/2018 at 18:51, Mucker1884 said:

Precisely.  Any mention of his name in any song/chant from our fans will give him the impression that we care... that he matters!

Allow the whole evening to pass without utterance of his name, or acknowledgement of his existence, however...

But you know and I know that this won’t happen.

46 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Not if I was appointed manager of DCFC a job for life.....subject to results.

Even if the fans turned against you and clearly didn't want you there?

How about if your son was a big Derby fan and it was affecting him?

How about if your Chairman offered you financial backing and then backed out on them promises (not saying that this definitely happened by the way).

Would it still be your dream job then?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

its pathetic.

Heaven forbid that someone should want to further his career and move to a new job for more money........ none of us would do that would we...???

In your opinion it's pathetic! Quite a few people on here certainly don't think so. In response to moving to a new job for more money-yes that's fine but how can we respect a guy who toadies up to Derby saying it's my dream job and then moves to a better paid job just a few months later. Lack of integrity, sincerity and full of ******** that's Gary in my opinion!

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

its pathetic.

Heaven forbid that someone should want to further his career and move to a new job for more money........ none of us would do that would we...???

Yeah, we would. And if it was in football I'd expect to get a bit of stick for it because that's what fans do. 

Why are people so sensitive on this and on behalf of Rowett. 

I mean why does anyone give Maradonna grief. All he did was do whatever it takes to win a game for his country. Why do people boo Forest? They're just another club with fans like you and me. 

Football is all about the back and forth for the fans. If you take away that then what you left with?

Has anyone here planned to torch his car? Assault him after the game? Pooh in his garden? It's a bit of grief. If he was an old school mate then I'd be sending him pictures of pythons all week

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Even if the fans turned against you and clearly didn't want you there?

It wouldn’t happen as adding two quality full backs to the existing squad would guarantee promotion.

How about if your son was a big Derby fan and it was affecting him?

They are both Exeter City fans despite hours of brainwashing.

How about if your Chairman offered you financial backing and then backed out on them promises (not saying that this definitely happened by the way).

In Mel I trust.

Would it still be your dream job then ?

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

In your opinion it's pathetic! Quite a few people on here certainly don't think so. In response to moving to a new job for more money-yes that's fine but how can we respect a guy who toadies up to Derby saying it's my dream job and then moves to a better paid job just a few months later. Lack of integrity, sincerity and full of ******** that's Gary in my opinion!

You don't actually believe sound bites like "its my dream job" "I wouldn't have left Real Madrid for any other club than Plymouth" "I always dreamt of playing for Colchester as a kid" "money wasn't an issue I just want to play football" etc etc etc.....

what was Rowett ever going to say "yep, its a pretty good job I have at Derby, it means I don't have to move and my family are all here, but lets be honest if a better paid job came up tomorrow I will probably take it"........and obviously we cant ever mention the fact that Brian Clough resigned and went to our biggest rivals at the time after demanding more money and the chairman calling his bluff....because that is unspeakable....

Ever single football manager in the world currently in employment knows that there is a 99% chance they are at some point going to get sacked from their current job, so why not keep moving...it is their job....

26 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You don't actually believe sound bites like "its my dream job" "I wouldn't have left Real Madrid for any other club than Plymouth" "I always dreamt of playing for Colchester as a kid" "money wasn't an issue I just want to play football" etc etc etc.....

what was Rowett ever going to say "yep, its a pretty good job I have at Derby, it means I don't have to move and my family are all here, but lets be honest if a better paid job came up tomorrow I will probably take it"........and obviously we cant ever mention the fact that Brian Clough resigned and went to our biggest rivals at the time after demanding more money and the chairman calling his bluff....because that is unspeakable....

Ever single football manager in the world currently in employment knows that there is a 99% chance they are at some point going to get sacked from their current job, so why not keep moving...it is their job....

He could simply have said that given his history with the club and the willingness and backing of the owner, that he was very pleased to be joining the club and would endeavour to ensure we were soon back in the Premiership where a club of our size and history belongs. To hear you wittering on anyone would think he was compelled to utter a stream of bolarks he had zero intention of honouring as proven by the unseemly haste with which he was off on his toes at the first available opportunity.  You seem to assume that nobody on this board has ever honoured a contract before too. Maybe you'd dump a good employer the moment you thought you could improve on the terms of a contract you yourself signed, but that doesn't mean everyone would. Surprised that needs pointing out really. And as for Stoke being such a massively better option than poor ickle Derby County, well we'll just have to wait and see about that, won't we?

36 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Pedant alert

Cloughie’s next club after us was 3rd division Brighton

I knew what you meant though ?

Archived