Snakes at the Bet365 Stadium?

DarkFruitsRam7

12 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

A bit pathetic really. There’s been bigger twits / ex managers in recent years.

Gary was awful but let it go. 

So many chumps on the anti Gary bandwagon who were mega Gary fans only so recently. 

There was a time in very recent history when I and a minority called for Gary to go but were shouted down. Hmmmm.

Dont hate Gary, just support the Rams.

Football is supposed to be fun, it’s all a part of the pantomime 

It’s not that deep

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pantomime villain is the right phrase. Bloody enjoy yourselves people. 

I supported him till the end and then he just left without really explaining why. Except he left for a richer club offering more money and a bigger budget. Do I accept its fair enough?  .probably...but I reserve the right to feel slighted, especially after all the sweet nothings and the history we shared. 

So I will boo and jeer him and he will lap it up and smugly applaud us if he wins. If we win it will make it all the sweeter. 

If I bumped into him in a pub I would talk football and probably find him a decent bloke...much the same has been said for Lee Camp.

When all is said and done its 11 random blokes with no real allegiance to my city trying to kick a bag of air into a net more times than 11 other random people.  None of it makes sense really...but we buy into the theatre, the drama, the atmosphere and it becomes the centre of the world. Just enjoy it for what it is...a bit of fun, with an edge that makes it mean a lot more than it should.

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

This.

I actually think he'd revel in getting abuse (think of when we played Forest).

Much better to show him how happy we are with his replacement and what we are now seeing on the pitch.

Think the only thing that would make abusing him good is if the Stoke fans joined in.

?Getting sacked in the morning! ?

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

Should be cheering Rowett. Took us to the playoffs (lets face it, a good achievement) and got Frank/Jody here + 2m (so probably paid for Mount and Wilsons loans).

These things happened despite his actions not because of them.

There have been some convoluted analogies so far...so here's my own version.

Its like you're cycling along and some careless driver on the way to a job interview recklessly cuts you up and takes you out. You're rushed to hospital to get checked out and they discover nothing is actually damaged.... but the scan reveals you have a growth around your heart  that needs operating on or it could be fatal.

You're rushed into surgery and  come round from the operation and the young dashing surgeon explains he not only saved your life but the slimy growth they discovered was restricting your development to such an extent you should feel fitter, faster and younger than ever before the operation.

At this point the salesman who cut you up finally arrives having failed the interview for the job (he was late as he sneaking out of his current job). Your family are all sat round comforting you ....and he hears the news and expects them to jump up and thank him!!

6 hours ago, curb said:

I’ve got tickets for this but I’m thinking now about not bothering, an hour and half of chanting about Rowett doesn’t really float my boat. 

You do do realise that he’s going to love the attention don’t you? No you probably don’t. 

The best thing we could do is just ignore him and support our players and manager that are here now, but I guess that’s not going to happen. 

And you just know that when they’ve beaten us 1-0, he’ll bend over, brush a little mud off his trainers, straighten his jumper, give us a smug little wave and disappear down the tunnel. 

Probably best you don't go .

Do you not think calling him a snake makes us sound bitter (and almost be longing for him back)? I get the ‘joke’ element, but I think the snake analogy does us more harm and him more favours to be honest. 

The football under Rowett was hideous, we should call him an angel for being taken away from us with such amazing swiftness - carving a pathway for frank. 

5 hours ago, Chester40 said:

These things happened despite his actions not because of them.

There have been some convoluted analogies so far...so here's my own version.

Its like you're cycling along and some careless driver on the way to a job interview recklessly cuts you up and takes you out. You're rushed to hospital to get checked out and they discover nothing is actually damaged.... but the scan reveals you have a growth around your heart  that needs operating on or it could be fatal.

You're rushed into surgery and  come round from the operation and the young dashing surgeon explains he not only saved your life but the slimy growth they discovered was restricting your development to such an extent you should feel fitter, faster and younger than ever before the operation.

At this point the salesman who cut you up finally arrives having failed the interview for the job (he was late as he sneaking out of his current job). Your family are all sat round comforting you ....and he hears the news and expects them to jump up and thank him!!

I think I prefer the real version.

or you could have mine....

you met this bird in a bar who you started dating for a few months and in that time, she never really gave the climax that she promised.  Luckily she was blind and went off with her Labrador which opened up the door for the girl of my dreams. We’ve only been dating for 6 months but already the saxophone has been blown so loud, many times. And the good news is, I think there’s more to come. We get married in May 2019. 

22 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

A bit pathetic really. There’s been bigger twits / ex managers in recent years.

Gary was awful but let it go. 

So many chumps on the anti Gary bandwagon who were mega Gary fans only so recently. 

There was a time in very recent history when I and a minority called for Gary to go but were shouted down. Hmmmm.

Dont hate Gary, just support the Rams.

I probably supported Gary ( oh alright I admit it I did ?) ... but this is fun and all part of life’s rich tapestry 

I really wanted some platform boots when I was 14 ... would I now ?  ... I reserve the right to change my opinion in perpetuity and be a glory seaker, wearer of the emperors new clothes et al, whenever I see fit 

16 hours ago, robglosta said:

Do you not think calling him a snake makes us sound bitter (and almost be longing for him back)? I get the ‘joke’ element, but I think the snake analogy does us more harm and him more favours to be honest. 

The football under Rowett was hideous, we should call him an angel for being taken away from us with such amazing swiftness - carving a pathway for frank. 

I don't think anyone will be taking it seriously enough to do us (or GR) any harm or favours. Let folk just have a bit of fun and don't try and over think it. 

Derby fans will have a laugh, Stoke fans will probably think it's silly and sing "what the ****ing hell is that?" and, assuming he even notices, it will be water off a snakes back for GR. No harm done all round. 

17 hours ago, robglosta said:

How he betrayed us that is okay also then.

Lets give him hostle reception.

Having a pop at Rowett is just a bit of fun and one of the many things football fans have always done to either get a rise from the opposition fans or to try and get under the skin of the opposition team or staff.

God knows how some people would have reacted to some of the chants coming from the mainly working class blokes stood on the popside when things like the Cleveland sex scandal became public knowledge.

On 17/11/2018 at 12:12, Chester40 said:

If I bumped into him in a pub I would talk football and probably find him a decent bloke...much the same has been said for Lee Camp.

I'm probably going to be lambasted for this but.....

I have a lot of respect for Lee Camp.

He takes a ridiculous amount of stick from the Derby fans and always takes it, even sometimes joins in with it. Yes i hated the cocky phase he had at F*rest but all in all he actually seems like a decent bloke

3 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

I'm probably going to be lambasted for this but.....

I have a lot of respect for Lee Camp.

He takes a ridiculous amount of stick from the Derby fans and always takes it, even sometimes joins in with it. Yes i hated the cocky phase he had at F*rest but all in all he actually seems like a decent bloke

He’s a Derby fan isn’t he?

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

He’s a Derby fan isn’t he?

Apparently he is. 

I have always wondered if footballers actually had any sentiment for clubs they support growing up when playing professionally

I always said as a kid i could never play a game against Derby, but ask me now?.... I'd happily celebrate by shushing the South Stand if somebody was paying me a few grand a week ?

Archived