1 Loan Signing

jimbobram

I would look for another forward to cover for Marriott has much has I love nuge his goal output is not great anymore.I saw Solanke mentioned in the January thread and with Klopp bigging is up over Wilson it may be possible and of course he is ex Chelsea.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Tom Cairney. If Mount Wilson and Bryson pick up injuries we would lack that creativity from the middle in games. Tom Cairney can't get into Fulhams team. I think he would benefit us a lot. 

He's been playing when fit, plus he plays the Huddlestone role more. Brilliant player though.

RB is the one position I think we can clearly strengthen at the moment.

Or how about Loftus-Cheek? Let Wilson, Lawrence and Waghorn battle for winger spots and have Mount and Loftus-Cheek in the middle.

Only chance is purely down to the Chelsea links...

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He's been playing when fit, plus he plays the Huddlestone role more. Brilliant player though.

RB is the one position I think we can clearly strengthen at the moment.

Or how about Loftus-Cheek? Let Wilson, Lawrence and Waghorn battle for winger spots and have Mount and Loftus-Cheek in the middle.

Only chance is purely down to the Chelsea links...

I think Loftus-Cheek will have many premier league clubs after him if he’s allowed to go on loan. Think he as well as the Clyne suggestion in the thread are a little unrealistic 

24 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Tom Cairney. If Mount Wilson and Bryson pick up injuries we would lack that creativity from the middle in games. Tom Cairney can't get into Fulhams team. I think he would benefit us a lot. 

Isn't he their captain?

Joe Lolley - I dont even know if hes that good, but my Forest friends tell me he is the next Pele. So lets sign him on loan just for the laugh of it.

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Joe Lolley - I dont even know if hes that good, but my Forest friends tell me he is the next Pele. So lets sign him on loan just for the laugh of it.

For what its worth, he looks their most dangerous player every time iv'e watched them. Forget those Portuguese frauds. 

I'd look to the MLS and try to repeat what Man City did picking up Frank Lampard. Whether that is Rooney (who knows!) or Johnny Russell (Marmite suggestion, I know, just making the point) back on a six monther I think there is plenty we could get from there.

Tough call. I think this thread is somewhat unfair to Kelle Roos who's now played half a dozen first-team games for us, keeping a clean sheet away at Hull this season. It's so difficult being a reserve keeper, always hoping your chance will come. He has always been prepared to go out and get first team games, going to Plymouth and Port Vale last season, Bristol Rovers the one before and Wimbledon (getting them to the playoff final) and Rotherham before then.

• Roos has conceded 86 in 77 first team games (1.12 a game)
  • Carson has conceded 637 in 509 games (1.25 a game)
  • Mitchell has conceded 34 in 24 (1.42 a game)

Unless Roos gets a chance we'll never know. I'd have played him in all the league Cup games this season to test him out properly and give him confidence. I expect he'd do fine if it comes to giving him a run of games - we might have the next Courtois on our hands. But in the ruthless world of trying to guarantee promotion, I can see it might be the thing to do (given we've several senior keepers and Mitchell will also be back in January, we wouldn't be allowed an emergency loan if something happened to Carson). Basically I'm saying I think it's wrong to suggest Roos isn't up to it - it's more that we can't be certain either way.

Otherwise, if we're going to do that and disrupt the team I'd want it to be a guaranteed starter to take us up another level. We have Wisdom, Pearce, Thorne, Butterfield and Anya not seeing any action so any loan player needs to be sigificantly better than all of those.

Has to be a right back. Whilst bogle has been playing great it’s unreasonable to expect him to play all season and it is currently the only position we don’t have decent like for like cover (not wisdom, too defensive). Options could be Walker-Peters at Spurs, Danny Simpson from Leicester, Mason Holgate or Jonjoe Kenny both at Everton. All decent attacking fullbacks who I don’t think are getting game time. Fredericks would be good but he seems to be around the team. 

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I'd look to the MLS and try to repeat what Man City did picking up Frank Lampard. Whether that is Rooney (who knows!) or Johnny Russell (Marmite suggestion, I know, just making the point) back on a six monther I think there is plenty we could get from there.

Just a poor man's Jack Marriott ?

A centre forward who scores goals especially from the bench whenever they turn up for that last 15 minutes of a game - so David fairclough it is - actually a fully fit Sam winnall might improve the options 

yet realistically I will leave it to the current management team who have been doing ok so far ?

Archived