1 Loan Signing

jimbobram

So January isn't a million miles away. We saw how important other clubs loan signings were in Jan (Mitro-Fulham, Afobe-Wolves, Grabban-Villa).

Things are going pretty well for us right now, but for fun...you can sign ONE player on loan in Jan, who will improve our team, has to be realistic!

Who are you going for ? 

For me, I'm loving Wilson in the centre, therefore I would try and strengthen out wide again...Jordan Ibe ?? 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Tom Heaton from Burnley.

Competition/cover for Carson is probably our weakest link at the moment.

I'd say thats pretty harsh. I think Carson has saved us many points since he has been here. I can understand his distribution is poor at times due to wanting to play from the back. Is Heaton a player who can do that ?

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

I'd say thats pretty harsh. I think Carson has saved us many points since he has been here. I can understand his distribution is poor at times due to wanting to play from the back. Is Heaton a player who can do that ?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm a big fan of Scott.

But I think the difference in ability and experience between him and Kelle Roos is larger than ideal, a 6 month loan to cover the second half of the season would be my sensible investment.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Is he not playing?! If so then bloody great shout, he’d be the best RB in the division

Not played in Prem since 1st of September.

Usually an unused sub, which would suggest that whilst not playing he is still very much in teh first team picture.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

But I think the difference in ability and experience between him and Kelle Roos is larger than ideal, a 6 month loan to cover the second half of the season would be my sensible investment.

I know nothing about Roos - is he not considered to ever be our number 1 then?

Just now, reveldevil said:

Personally I'd use the emergency keeper loan if Scotty was injured, then see how long a keeper was needed for before deciding on target.

I do agree that I don't think Kelle is up to it I'm afraid, that said 18 months ago Nick Pope was a young lad signing for Burnley as someone for the future who ended up being thrust in and performing. so who knows.

Being a Ram probably scarred by memories of Martin Taylor covering for Shilts where he seemed to literally drop a clanger every single time he came in, then when he became first choice he metamorphosed  into the legend that we all remember him as.

I’ve been saying Phil foden for a while but now I’m not so sure... Still sometimes think we’re missing that will Hughes type and I think foden could be that special sort of player. But then we’ve looked pretty good with two attacking mids so I’m not so sure anymore... mind if they see what we’ve done with mount and fancy sending him our way I ain’t gonna be moaning!

A more attacking rb would be good for me, bogle has dropped off a bit (unsurprisingly for an 18 year old) and I think by having someone more suited than wisdom to our style in that position we can relieve the pressure off him a bit and let him observe, a bit like Marriott did with Nugent. Think that will be best for his long term devolpment, playing all the time can often make you burn out and lose confidence, pretty sure Hughes was rested for a while when he first came through.

29 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi would probably be my pick. Another player who should fit in straight away because he's played under Jody Morris 

I'm going for this ! Simply because Cam was the first to suggest Mason Mount and look how that turned out . 

Archived