We nicked a point

fridge

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, fridge said:

Well 1-1 wasnt a fair result, I think you looked amazing in the first half and 3-0 wouldnt have been an unfair scoreline, second half you dropped off but fully deserved all three points. I posted at the start of the season that Lampard would be inspirational and that certainly came across, play like that for the majority of the season and you will be promoted...well done.

Whilst not being a fan of Pulis’s style of play I have to say that he recognised what the problem was and changed his system very quickly , in the second half when you changed to by pass our midfield you looked very dangerous. Whilst it was an unfortunate own goal it was coming 

i think that over all a draw was a fair result, although if we had taken our chances in the first half we would have won.

best of luck for the rest of the season bar your trip to Pride park 

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I can name you hundreds of people that who have won lots as players and not replicated it as a manager.

So you can name over 200 players that have have won several medals and gone on to be failures as managers ?

Off you go then....

I’d struggle to name 200 managers, let alone ones  that had multiple medals under their belt. 

I’m guessing by your previous posts that should FL get us promoted and then went onto another club and failed he wouldn’t be considered a success, so if winning a major trophy is your parameter then it is very difficult for any manager to fall into this category.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

So you can name over 200 players that have have won several medals and gone on to be failures as managers ?

Off you go then....

Tony Adams, Paul Ince, Bobby Charlton, Paul Gascoigne, Roy McFarland, Colin Todd, Bruce Rioch, Physcho {?}, Paul Mersin, Alan Shearer, Roy Keane, Frank Clark,...

14 hours ago, fridge said:

Yeah wouldnt mind watching Derby play instead of what Pulis is serving up but thats football I guess, we have had our good times and your playing well enough to earn yours too...I personally hope you do get promoted and enjoy being part of the prem, I am sure if Lampard gets you up he will attract some really quality players...god I might even trade my season ticket lol.

If Pulis doesn’t work out see if you can buy Rowett off Stoke?

57 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Tony Adams, Paul Ince, Bobby Charlton, Paul Gascoigne, Roy McFarland, Colin Todd, Bruce Rioch, Physcho {?}, Paul Mersin, Alan Shearer, Roy Keane, Frank Clark,...

Roy Keane got Sunderland promoted and Roy McFarland was doing ok at Bradford until we ‘poached’ him he was also a great assistant to King Arthur.

Word has it that if we beat Chelsea after already beating Manu they will award us the cup and let us concentrate on the league until we win a few rounds in the FA Cup and are also awarded that too later in the season.

Then win the league in March.

watch em deny it.

55 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Would have won this by a countrymile had we not already played 2 tough games previously. Just ran out of steam.

FL seemed very disappointed in his post-match I/v with Gibbo; I myself would have been very happy with 7 out of 9 points with 7 goals for and 3 against. His reaction tells you his level of ambition and his need to achieve the very best he can. His temperament is all about winning but showing humility and balance in winning. What a remarkable chap we’ve got. I so hope we have him for more than just 1 season. He is a born winner and nothing else will do for him. 

Can we remember the last time we played the top 3 in the space of 7 days and were gutted not to get 3 wins? I can’t. 

14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

No silverware of note though for either. 

Promotions for both though, Frank Clark took F***** up and did so well the following season he won the LMA Manager of the year award.

It's not silverware granted, but a maximum of 6 managers per season can win that domestically each season, doesn't make every other manager a failure.

18 hours ago, fridge said:

This forum is cracking by the way lads, I have posted lots on here and always feel welcome..thanks all.

Always good to hear from other fans,so long as they are offering sensible constructive views and opinions .Pulis is Pulis, and you know what you will get,sure boro  will be competing at the top, grinding out results .Not too sure you will manage promotion this season but it looks like it could be very competitive amongst 5 or 6  clubs with nobody showing the consistency to make a break at the mo. But think we are developing and improving as a team so feeling confident.

7 hours ago, Ellafella said:

FL seemed very disappointed in his post-match I/v with Gibbo; I myself would have been very happy with 7 out of 9 points with 7 goals for and 3 against. His reaction tells you his level of ambition and his need to achieve the very best he can. His temperament is all about winning but showing humility and balance in winning. What a remarkable chap we’ve got. I so hope we have him for more than just 1 season. He is a born winner and nothing else will do for him. 

Can we remember the last time we played the top 3 in the space of 7 days and were gutted not to get 3 wins? I can’t. 

He's on a 3 year contract isn't he? at least i hope he is.  

On 27/10/2018 at 21:20, fridge said:

Well 1-1 wasnt a fair result, I think you looked amazing in the first half and 3-0 wouldnt have been an unfair scoreline, second half you dropped off but fully deserved all three points. I posted at the start of the season that Lampard would be inspirational and that certainly came across, play like that for the majority of the season and you will be promoted...well done.

Only watched the match on tv but couldn’t miss noticing that a lot of your fans were booing and getting on the teams back in the first half ?? 

15 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Sorry to be cynical but contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. Just as well too otherwise we may still be stuck with old Snakey. 

Sorry to be even more cynical but that paper was worth 2 million. ducking expensive paper! ?

Archived