The loan signing

Big Trav

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I don't think there will be any signings when you have players like Wilson, martin, Anya, Pearce and Thorne who will probably not even make the bench once every one is fit.

Wilson? As in Harry Wilson? 

He'll definitely be back in the team. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Wilson? As in Harry Wilson? 

He'll definitely be back in the team. 

yes,  he seems a player with promise but hasn't been too great so far and we have Waghorn jozefoon, nugent , marriot , Lawrence, bennet as our attacking options so the only alternative to dropping Wilson from the 18 is dropping bennet who has done quite well. We also have holmes who did very well in his cameo role. I think we should n't have signed him as we have too many attacking options now to satisfy everyone with a decent amount of game time. Come to think of it Liverpool will recall him if he doesn't even make the bench so he will make the bench but bennet may not.

Eventually the front 3 will be  something like Waghorn Marriot/Lawrence with Waghorn moved up top and Flo jo

with sub attacking options: nugent Lawrence/marriot  Wilson 

we cant have 4 attackers on the bench so someone won't be happy

Tammy needs to be playing games to get back in the England side. He's more than good enough. 

I'd back him to finish top goalscorer in this league, despite having a month off it. He consistently terrorised defenders at this level last time out, not only with his movement and goals, but he knocked them from pillar to post. He's also good at creating space for others. 

I think a CM is more pressing at the moment, but I'd happily take Tammy. 

I personally think we will have til a certain time to commit to this signing with it being already agreed in principal but we need outgoings first. If players go or are close we may fully commit, if not it gives this player chance to find a move elsewhere

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

At this point you have to assume it’s a player attached to a premiership club but we will see as it must be linked to wages being freed up 

Are we definitely bringing someone in? My guess would be a G/K. Not sure we need anyone else.

On 29/08/2018 at 17:22, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I don't think there will be any signings when you have players like Wilson, martin, Anya, Pearce and Thorne who will probably not even make the bench once every one is fit.

Jesus wept.

Wilson?

Derby fans shouldn't be allowed an opinion. Already written the bloke off.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Definitely- I am far from sure, and a goalkeeper is a possibility but unlikely if a loan that won’t play? 

Yep Roos seemed to do nothing wrong the other night and impressed at Plymouth. He could be more than capable should Carson sustain the odd strain etc and who knows longer term until he’s properly tried.

When you have Martin and Thorne on the books in positions we need variety and quality I really don't see the point in more new blood. We have a silly number of players as it is, I'd rather see players not going to be involved get moves away. Anya, Butters etc. surely we're better off getting them deals out on loan even if we take some of the wages.

25 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

Jesus wept.

Wilson?

Derby fans shouldn't be allowed an opinion. Already written the bloke off.

A bit over the top. But, Wilson needs to work hard to get back in the team. The players who have come in since i.e Bennett, Josefzoon and Holmes have all shown they are hungry and capable of making that shirt their own. 

Archived