The loan signing

Big Trav

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big if, but if we are looking for another midfielder to give options covering the more advanced midfield positions then perhaps Andy King might be a useful addition to the squad at this point.  I do think it also interesting that Abraham is still available - can’t see him getting much game time at Chelsea this season personally. Really hoping we see at least 3 or 4 outs today for squad cohesion.

Well with Blackman, Vydra, Jerome & Martin all set to be gone that would leave us with Waghorn, Marriott & Nugent who are all similar in style. I still wouldn't be shocked to see Nugent go and Abraham come in.

Yes Nugent has started well but I don't think he can be relied on all season and we could do with a different type of option which Abraham would be.

15 hours ago, jimbobram said:

IMO I cant see where we need to strengthen at the moment in time. If we had to i would say possibly a central midfielder to challenge Bryson

Not so much to challenge Bryson, but to be a different option to him.  Bryson, Mount and Johnson are all kind of similar in what they do on the pitch (high-energy box-to-box players).  We need someone with a bit of composure and creativity in games where we're struggling to unlock a packed defence.

16 hours ago, jimbobram said:

IMO I cant see where we need to strengthen at the moment in time. If we had to i would say possibly a central midfielder to challenge Bryson

We’re absolutely crying out for a linking #8. I really wouldn’t be surprised if Butters gets a run of games at some point.

When you look at the numbers in the squad it's difficult to justify bringing more players in, but the one position we look a little weak in is DM. 

It's great to have Huddlestone back, but with Evans out for possibly 6 weeks we have no real defensive cover. Ledley and Johnson can fill the position as they could left back, would be nice to have a more mobile genuine DM option to have as there is no guarantees Evans will be back in 6 weeks. 

Ideally it would be a loan until January, unless the money is there for a player on a compulsory purchase which is a more long term option for the position with Evans. 

Bryson, Mount, Ledley, Johnson, Holmes, Butterfield, Huddlestone and Evans on the books we really could do with seeing a couple of those leave today if we was to bring another midfielder in.

Archived