v Hull City (A) Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Can we have Eric Steele on Radio Derby full time? What a breath of fresh air!

Yep .. agree. Analytical, lots of thoughtful comments edged with a bit of humour. Way better than some of the regular doom mongers .. no names no pack drill .. but jeeeps ..who was it said .. “I have a bad feeling about this”

IMO local radio commentators must be either a) knowledgable or b) thoroughly partisan 

wrist slashers should not be allowed 

28 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

For anyone who watches the highlights, keep an eye on the chance for Nugent at 1 minute and 5 seconds. The linesman flagged and gave offside for that ..... that's the type of officiating we had today

Was tearing my hair out at that decision amongst many others- he literally overtook his man! Woeful and I mean woeful officiating all round today, Lino’s included

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Johnson is NOT a DM, hopefully once we have Thorne/Huddlestone/Evans there we'll look more secure.

Great win today

and curtis davies

Biggest thing I take away from today is that Huddlestone is perfect for this system and team. This isn’t a knock on Johnno, because he defended fantastic today, but he isn’t a ball playing midfielder, so the DM role doesn’t suit him in that regard. From after their equaliser for around 20 minutes, Hinson and Wisdom couldn’t find the midfielders and wide men quick enough to really take to Hull. 

I’m really excited to see Huddlestone and Davies in this side 

8 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Biggest thing I take away from today is that Huddlestone is perfect for this system and team. This isn’t a knock on Johnno, because he defended fantastic today, but he isn’t a ball playing midfielder, so the DM role doesn’t suit him in that regard. From after their equaliser for around 20 minutes, Hinson and Wisdom couldn’t find the midfielders and wide men quick enough to really take to Hull. 

I’m really excited to see Huddlestone and Davies in this side 

Whos hinson?

53 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

For anyone who watches the highlights, keep an eye on the chance for Nugent at 1 minute and 5 seconds. The linesman flagged and gave offside for that ..... that's the type of officiating we had today

I think the lino fell over then thought he'd missed a offside shat himself and put his flag up just in case, 

55 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Can we have Eric Steele on Radio Derby full time? What a breath of fresh air!

He was very good, but someone needs to sit him down and teach him how to say Jozefzoon. I think he pronounced it differently every time he said, and not once did he actually say it right. 

Archived