Next 8 games are a real opportunity for us to fly up the league and gain momentum

Marriot Ram99

Fixtures start to look easy when you’re doing well. Then you come crashing back down to earth.

Having said that, looking at our start, it does seem like we’re playing or have already played a number of teams likely to finish in the bottom third of the table.

Reading, Hull, Ipswich, Bolton, Rotherham, QPR and Blackburn were all expected to be down there.

Preston, Millwall and Norwich don’t seem to be looking too great either - certainly not top six standard.

So in our opening 12 games or so, it appears only Leeds and Brentford will be up there.

Doesn’t really matter though. We’re just as likely to beat Brentford then lose to QPR. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

It's harsh for him to not make the bench but Marriot Waghorn and Nugent will all be a head of him , I think we shouldn't have signed Waghorn and brought in a quality midfielder like Besic instead as marriot , nugent and martin would have been good enough. But I think Lampard clearly doesn't rate martin and he will be off on loan in the next few days but we will probably have to pay half his wages.

Well not martin fault he was ill during pre season

Frank said freash start for everyone.

12 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Goalkeeper, That should have been Roos instead I've just noticed Mitchell has n't even been making the bench.

Goalkeeper, That should have been Roos instead I've just noticed Mitchell has n't even been making the bench.

maybe thats because hes on loan to Coventry#

On 27/08/2018 at 10:06, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

their is no reason why we shouldn't be aiming to beat these sorts of teams .

There's a big difference between aiming to beat these sort of teams and expecting to beat these sort of teams. We aim to beat everyone. Expecting it would be a bit ridiculous.

One game at a time 

we have beaten two poorer teams in the league and Preston who were missing some important players for them and we lost heavily to the one decent team we have faced.

when we get the likes of Davies and Huddlestone back I will be more comfortable that we can defend better especially set pieces and when we settle with a central forward who is scoring goals we should look a better team that we can be optimistic with.

Here's what i think will happen and the points we should be taking.....

Hull Away Cup - Win 

Hull Away - Win

Rotherham Away -Win

Blackburn Home - Win

Brentford home - Draw

Bolton Away - Win

Norwich Home -Win

QPR Away - Win

Through to the next round of the cup and we get a 3rd round tie with Liverpool

We take 19 points from a possible 21 in the next 7 games and Frank win Manager of the Month.....

3 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Here's what i think will happen and the points we should be taking.....

Hull Away Cup - Win 

Hull Away - Win

Rotherham Away -Win

Blackburn Home - Win

Brentford home - Draw

Bolton Away - Win

Norwich Home -Win

QPR Away - Win

Through to the next round of the cup and we get a 3rd round tie with Liverpool

We take 19 points from a possible 21 in the next 7 games and Frank win Manager of the Month.....

That would be an amazing run. Bolton and Blackburn have had good starts. However I’m going to jump on this........sod drawing with Brentford, why not 10 wins in a row, two better than under mac2 ?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Let’s be honest the first 10 games you couldn’t have picked an easier start if you tried....

I don't think Leeds and Millwall fall anywhere near the easy category, but I 'd agree that our fixture list is pretty favourable early on in the season.

On 26/08/2018 at 18:43, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Our Next 8 games are:

28th August Hull Away cup 

1st September Hull Away 

Saturday 15th Rotherham Away

Tuesday  18th September Blackburn Home

Saturday 22nd September Brentford home

Saturday 29th September Bolton Away

Wednesday 3rd October Norwich Home

QPR away Saturday 6th October 

Apart from maybe Brentford we should be able to win every single game, I know the championship is unpredictable but I can see us getting 21 points from the next 7 league matches to send us into 1st or 2nd place, sounds crazy I know! With some hard games in October, with Sheffield United ,Boro and West Brom back to back it's important that we gain some momentum by beating teams that apart from Brentford won't be challenging for promotion. The cup game on Tuesday will be important for trying out players like Jozefoon and Marriot and Waghorn to help them get their confidence going, and beating them on Tuesday will give us confidence for Saturday. With Davies, Wilson and Hudlestone to come back after the international break and players like Jozefoon , Waghorn ,Marriot yet to make and impact and will soon be given an opportunity I can see us looking a real force by the time we play  Brentford . I can see us looking a much better team once we find a settled a 11 and our new signings start to get more game time and start making more of an impact on the team. 

We always seem to be a confidence team, and as long as we can beat Hull in our next 2 games to keep the winning run going I can see a confident team with Davies ,and Huddlestone in being much more solid defensively than what we saw in the first 3 matches.  Maybe I'm over estimating the team  but I think once the likes of Jozefoon , marriot and Waghorn start to make an impact we will be a real force, midfield has been a weakness so far but with Huddlestone playing I expect an improvement in our ability to keep the ball. We should be aiming for atleast  15 points from the next 21 if we are going to be challenging at the top.  How many points do people predict we will get from our next 7 league games?

i thought the same as you. At the end of the season, we will look back and know that these games were the ones to lay down a marker..

On 26/08/2018 at 21:52, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I know because it's Lampard's first season and we are playing in a different style people would accept a 10th place finish and decent football, but I wouldn't . We should be going to places like hull and Rotherham expecting to win not just relying on winning at home and scraping draws away from home. With the players we have we should finish between 2nd  and 6th  depending on luck , form and injuries with 3rd or 4th most realistic .We finished 6th last season with dire football and our annual season collapse in February if we can gain momentum and be consistent throughout the season and react well from defeats we could challenge for automatic promotion , don't forget how well we played during spells of last season and how good we looked when we beat Brentford and went two points clear of 3rd place in the start of February. We now have a better squad with more attacking talent , so if we can gain some momentum and for once avoid a collapse then we have a chance of pushing for automatic places.  We have the best Centre back in the league  Davies and the best Gk in Carson even though he can't kick a ball well, having a quality centre back and Gk makes a big difference and is one of the main reasons why I'm optimistic.

Why should we finish between 2nd and 6th, why not between 1st and 6th. Do you think Leeds are going to run away with the league, so only 2nd is our possibly best we can finish.

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Why should we finish between 2nd and 6th, why not between 1st and 6th. Do you think Leeds are going to run away with the league, so only 2nd is our possibly best we can finish.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team who finishes 1st finishes on something like 95 -100 points like last season,  so I doubt we could get that many points as our defence doesn't strike me as title material ,  I think it will be between villa, boro and leeds for 1st but  I think 1st for derby is a bit much too ask because if mount or Huddlestone get injured our team isn't that great in midfield and our defence is good but not great. You never know, if we get lucky with injuries and we go on a great run we could have  a chance at 1st but it seems a bit unrealistic.

On 27/08/2018 at 12:11, B4ev6is said:

All derby have to do is keep trying to win games or dont lose them. Just keep in the pack stay in touch with leeds anything can happen.

Why is everyone giving it large for Leeds, they did the same at the start of last season and then run out of steam. You can not play their style of football all season with 46 league games cup matches on top of this. Injuries to key players, heavy pitches etc. I am convinced they will not keep it up. If they are still in the mix come January and buy well and get the players to gel very quickly, then maybe they might stay the course. I am going to stick my neck out now and predict they will not finish 1st or 2nd.

Archived