Next 8 games are a real opportunity for us to fly up the league and gain momentum

Marriot Ram99

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think martin should be on the bench at least.

It's harsh for him to not make the bench but Marriot Waghorn and Nugent will all be a head of him , I think we shouldn't have signed Waghorn and brought in a quality midfielder like Besic instead as marriot , nugent and martin would have been good enough. But I think Lampard clearly doesn't rate martin and he will be off on loan in the next few days but we will probably have to pay half his wages.

I thought our start was kind. It’s good for Frank as it means we can pick up points while we are in transition, hopefully we’ll be better prepared then for when we face the better teams.

I agree with the posters that say this is the championship there are no easy games. Everyone thought Rotherham would be the whipping boys yet they’ve won a couple of games now. Blackburn are going for it (looks like they’re signing Brereton from Forest for £6m+), already have some decent players and their start has been no easier than ours.

If we win the next 5 then fantastic, but could easily see us win 3 and lose a couple. The aim of the manager and the club this season is promotion as it should be for a club the size of Derby but let’s not kid ourselves, forget the league table, there are at least 6 teams who are better than us right now, I would even say 8-10 teams that are better, Brentford definitely being one of those. 

If we are to be promoted or reach the top 6 I think it will be through a late run. But this is a transition season, better football youth coming through and competing to get in the top 6 would be a good season, promotion or even just getting in the top 6 would be a nice bonus

54 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism , I can feel us going in one of our 7 or 8 game unbeaten runs we have had in previous seasons, if we can't be hopeful of beating the likes of Hull and Rotherham then what chance do we stand of beating west Brom and Boro? and challenging for a top 2 finish ? We've not been great so far this season but I expect big improvements

It's not about being hopeful, blind faith doesn't win you football matches. 

Haven't you noticed yet that every game in the Championship is a tough one and you can't just pick out certain teams and say we should be rolling them over.

There's too much time between games for some people, isn't there? The ability to share opinions instantly now has led to this culture of impatience which is damaging and self-destructive...

Imagine if we'd have lost our last two games, it would be a "how much time do we give him?" thread in place of this one.

People just need to chill out and put their phones down. 

10 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

There's too much time between games for some people, isn't there? The ability to share opinions instantly now has led to this culture of impatience which is damaging and self-destructive...

Imagine if we'd have lost our last two games, it would be a "how much time do we give him?" thread in place of this one.

People just need to chill out and put their phones down. 

Is it against forum rules to be overly optimistic ? I don't think so .  Being optimistic is n't self destructive  and damaging FFS , say something a bit negative you get labelled a deluded wrist slasher , say something a bit optimistic and you get labelled completely naïve for having some belief in the team. I guess in a few weeks we'll so who was  correct.

@David It won't let me see the poll results on the Millwall thread. I'm curious what the % was of fans who thought we would win that game pre match. I bet it was at least 60% and I wouldn't be surprised if it was 70%. Show me a screen shot to prove me right or wrong...

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

@David It won't let me see the poll results on the Millwall thread. I'm curious what the % was of fans who thought we would win that game pre match. I bet it was at least 60% and I wouldn't be surprised if it was 70%. Show me a screen shot to prove me right or wrong...

47%

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I can’t see them either, think the software developers have changed how polls work. If you specify a time to close them it shuts it down completely unless you have voted in them.

1 minute ago, bigbadbob said:

47%

I stand slightly corrected then! Just half of fans thought that was a match we should win then. 

Still saying that any fan coming out and saying the next 8 games are easy, regardless of opposition, is silly. I bet most Villa fans had Reading at home down as easy or Forest fans thinking Birmingham was an easy game!

It's good we were not playing Aston Villa and/or West Brom after the Leeds match. 

Looking at last season's results - a benchmark for whàt to expect this season _ a 4-0 win against Hull comes to mind. 

This season a couple òf  2_0 wins in cup and league will be ideal ! 

Just now, rammieib said:

@David looks like software developers don't like you if we're the only ones who can't see the poll. However I'm currently in Lincolnshire and anyone living this Far East shouldn't be trusted.

I didn’t vote in the poll, guessing you didn’t either? That’s why we can’t see the results.

Archived