Next 8 games are a real opportunity for us to fly up the league and gain momentum

Marriot Ram99

Our Next 8 games are:

28th August Hull Away cup 

1st September Hull Away 

Saturday 15th Rotherham Away

Tuesday  18th September Blackburn Home

Saturday 22nd September Brentford home

Saturday 29th September Bolton Away

Wednesday 3rd October Norwich Home

QPR away Saturday 6th October 

Apart from maybe Brentford we should be able to win every single game, I know the championship is unpredictable but I can see us getting 21 points from the next 7 league matches to send us into 1st or 2nd place, sounds crazy I know! With some hard games in October, with Sheffield United ,Boro and West Brom back to back it's important that we gain some momentum by beating teams that apart from Brentford won't be challenging for promotion. The cup game on Tuesday will be important for trying out players like Jozefoon and Marriot and Waghorn to help them get their confidence going, and beating them on Tuesday will give us confidence for Saturday. With Davies, Wilson and Hudlestone to come back after the international break and players like Jozefoon , Waghorn ,Marriot yet to make and impact and will soon be given an opportunity I can see us looking a real force by the time we play  Brentford . I can see us looking a much better team once we find a settled a 11 and our new signings start to get more game time and start making more of an impact on the team. 

We always seem to be a confidence team, and as long as we can beat Hull in our next 2 games to keep the winning run going I can see a confident team with Davies ,and Huddlestone in being much more solid defensively than what we saw in the first 3 matches.  Maybe I'm over estimating the team  but I think once the likes of Jozefoon , marriot and Waghorn start to make an impact we will be a real force, midfield has been a weakness so far but with Huddlestone playing I expect an improvement in our ability to keep the ball. We should be aiming for atleast  15 points from the next 21 if we are going to be challenging at the top.  How many points do people predict we will get from our next 7 league games?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn have been doing well haven't they?

It's a league where anyone can put a good run together because you don't get the disruption of playing teams that are too good every few games (Citeh, Chelski, Liverpool etc)

I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose to Hull and beat Brentford. There are no sub divisions in the Championship like there are in the PL. Brentford are better than Hull but not so massively better than a few injuries wouldn't level things up. 

We need to make sure we perform at a consistent level regardless of opponent. No good throwing the kitchen sink at Brentford and then waving a wooden spoon at Norwich. 

Doesn't matter who the points come off. QPR are worth the same as Boro. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Blackburn have been doing well haven't they?

It's a league where anyone can put a good run together because you don't get the disruption of playing teams that are too good every few games (Citeh, Chelski, Liverpool etc)

I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose to Hull and beat Brentford. There are no sub divisions in the Championship like there are in the PL. Brentford are better than Hull but not so massively better than a few injuries wouldn't level things up. 

We need to make sure we perform at a consistent level regardless of opponent. No good throwing the kitchen sink at Brentford and then waving a wooden spoon at Norwich. 

Doesn't matter who the points come off. QPR are worth the same as Boro. 

Blackburn are 5th on the same points as us but they have had quite an easy run of games and have drew to the likes of Ipswich and Reading so although they won't be easy to beat we should still have too much quality for them as long as we don't give away anything sloppy like we did against Millwall.

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We would have said Millwall was an easy match...

The Championship is simply not like this.

Millwall away is never easy, they finished 8th last season and also with davies and huddlestone in the team we wouldn't have lost our team was not full strength for the millwall game but once our team is settled and at it's strongest we should have no problem beating most teams in the league.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Our Next 8 games are:

28th August Hull Away cup 

1st September Hull Away 

Saturday 15th Rotherham Away

Tuesday  18th September Blackburn Home

Saturday 22nd September Brentford home

Saturday 29th September Bolton Away

Wednesday 3rd October Norwich Home

QPR away Saturday 6th October 

Apart from maybe Brentford we should be able to win every single game, I know the championship is unpredictable but I can see us getting 21 points from the next 7 league matches to send us into 1st or 2nd place, sounds crazy I know! With some hard games in October, with Sheffield United ,Boro and West Brom back to back it's important that we gain some momentum by beating teams that apart from Brentford won't be challenging for promotion. The cup game on Tuesday will be important for trying out players like Jozefoon and Marriot and Waghorn to help them get their confidence going, and beating them on Tuesday will give us confidence for Saturday. With Davies, Wilson and Hudlestone to come back after the international break and players like Jozefoon , Waghorn ,Marriot yet to make and impact and will soon be given an opportunity I can see us looking a real force by the time we play  Brentford . I can see us looking a much better team once we find a settled a 11 and our new signings start to get more game time and start making more of an impact on the team. 

We always seem to be a confidence team, and as long as we can beat Hull in our next 2 games to keep the winning run going I can see a confident team with Davies ,and Huddlestone in being much more solid defensively than what we saw in the first 3 matches.  Maybe I'm over estimating the team  but I think once the likes of Jozefoon , marriot and Waghorn start to make an impact we will be a real force, midfield has been a weakness so far but with Huddlestone playing I expect an improvement in our ability to keep the ball. We should be aiming for atleast  15 points from the next 21 if we are going to be challenging at the top.  How many points do people predict we will get from our next 7 league games?

Hull away in the League is a big one. We will have quite a few players still missing , if we can win that one then get to the international break and hope the walking wounded can return then who knows? 

Last year we tripped up against so called weaker teams like sunderland and burton.

Lets hope we can get loads of points for these games. COYR.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Hull away in the League is a big one. We will have quite a few players still missing , if we can win that one then get to the international break and hope the walking wounded can return then who knows? 

Last year we tripped up against so called weaker teams like sunderland and burton.

Last year we had a manager that had no idea how to set up to attack so called weaker teams. That however does not mean I disagree with you. At least if we get beat by those kind of teams this year then we should hopefully go down fighting.

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I agree, hull away will be test of our ability to play well away from home as we haven't payed well in our first two away games if we beat them that will put us around 4th in the league and give us confidence for the next few games.

Archived