Hull (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, eddie said:

Glad I'm not the only person to be sick of his tripe.

Don't forget Tomori is a donkey, said after 2 appearances from a 20 year old still learning the game  Didn't stop Mr Journalistic Integrity writing an article latching onto someone's post on here saying he could be a DM and creating a clickbait article extolling his virtues promoting how well he's done with interceptions.

Never really understood why anyone would choose a username celebrating the ritual Jewish tradition of cutting off a child's foreskin but there you go.

17 minutes ago, sage said:

I didn't say anything about Mount. 

Josefzoon, Wilson, Bennett and Waghorn all prefer to play on the right which helps Lawrence's cause.  

Others did. I basically took Mount and Lawrence together, seeing as they are (currently) our most prolific goalscorers. You don't win points for running about, and you don't get through in cups either by just doing the same. Both seem to have the happy knack of notching one when it's needed.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Missed tonight’s game.

It’s good news if he finally bossed a game for us.

Let’s hope it continues. And we don’t see a repeat of previous games.

I’m not sure how or why you should expect him, a 19 year old to be the one to be bossing a game. He’s got numerous international and ex international players around him that should be doing that.

his work rate is twice as much as Vydras and he’s on target for a similar goal tally.

not really sure what you expect from him 

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Missed tonight’s game.

Never mind the three goals, his assists, the way he can hold players off or his talent generally on the ball. Those stats for a lad of 19 are amazing for us. His only worry should be doing it in the premier league.

2 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Tries harder than most players on the pitch, young enough to improve, him Mount and Nugent seem to be linking up well recently too with mount and Lawrence interchanging the CAM and LW roles. 

He works tirelessly up and down the wing defending and attacking - opposition are scared of him and foul him more than any other players Leeds game he was running at them couldn't win it fairly and fouled him - scores free kick same against Preston. 

As for ducking out of headers and challenges, he is never one to jump out of a tackle, in fact he seems to enjoy them, he was one of our most booked players last year due to this and he was the same for Ipswich the year before. 

Why don't you support a player that's doing well rather than play devils advocate and try to find fault in a player clearly doing well with renewed confidence. 

Thought to leave you with, if Lawrence doesn't win the freekick and then score it on Saturday - how's that last 5 minutes feeling... last minute equalizer maybe... Lawrence has contributed really well so far.

None of that do I agree with. Track back? Works tirelessly? Enjoys tackling and heading? No way. The Leeds game where Lowe was isolated and battered all game? 

Don't worry about my support mate. I bet I sing louder than you do. I bet I cheer Lawrence's name as loud as anyone in the ground.

This is a message board for discussion. Come matchday I'll be there backing the team. 

Thought to leave with you. If Lawrence plays this through ball to Nugent and that pass to Waghorn while they are asking for it instead of running into trouble and then doing it too late then how many goals are we winning by? 

Which is my point. It's like having Darren Bent scoring 10 goals in 20 games. How can he possibly be at fault for the defeats? Well, we have been playing with 10 men because he's stood waiting on the penalty spot. Do you see the logic? 

Lawrence's runs at Leeds served to put them on counter attacks because he lost it while Lowe and Ledley we going to support. He looked dangerous alright. But not to them 

22 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Happy to see that he is scoring goals for us. And I’ll be raising a glass of Port every time he scores like the rest of us.

But I would love to see him have more influence over games and see more creativity from him.

Is that too much to ask?

No, but he's only been here 5 minutes and is nowhere near the finished article. I'm pretty confident that Frank Lampard, one of the three best English midfielders of his generation, will nurture his talent and it will be to our - and Chelsea's - benefit.

Long got down low to deny Waghorn as the visitors started the second half as they had played most of the first, on the front foot.

Oy....growett....stick that it in your clay pipe.

Just now, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Is there a yawn emoji here somewhere.....?

Yeah, I'm not surprised you can't find it when you come on a discussion board and are horrified at seeing a discussion. 

It's the surprised emoji you need, duck 

10 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Thought he had his best team game at the weekend. There was one opportunity where he was striding forward into the area and he should have shot but he made the pass and played a team mate in.

maybe there’s hope yet eh!

Definitely. At no point would I write him off. I don't think anyone has. 

You get people telling you that you have though. 

14 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Missed tonight’s game.

If you thought we were getting a midfielder who sits in the middle of the park and “bosses” games your barking up the wrong tree. 

Hes an attacking midfielder, eg does his stuff in and around the box, goals and assists. He can do more, creating goals from open play, but he’s got his scoring boots on already.

Waghorn played class did the Martin job and caused there defence problems by getting in behind too. 

Josefzoon is amazing. His skill is out of this world. If you haven't seen the goal please watch it.

Mount again. Phenomenal all game. 

Well done to Holmes too who played very well when he came on.

For me Waghorn, Huddlestone, Malone and Josefzoon to replace Nugent, Ledley, Forsyth and Bennett Saturday. 

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

If you thought we were getting a midfielder who sits in the middle of the park and “bosses” games your barking up the wrong tree. 

Hes an attacking midfielder, eg does his stuff in and around the box, goals and assists. He can do more, creating goals from open play, but he’s got his scoring boots on already.

If he could score goal and boss games he would have been in the England team at the world cup as England don't have any midfielders who can do that. He looks a carbon copy of Lampard a goal scoring midfielder always looking to make runs into the box, I can see why he choose to sign for derby as Lampard is obviously a great role model for him who can give him advice.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised you can't find it when you come on a discussion board and are horrified at seeing a discussion. 

It's the surprised emoji you need, duck 

Interested in relevant discussion on the topic I selected. I have no idea what your posts were about as I didn’t notice any, perhaps they weren’t very relevant and that’s what’s prompted your response? ? ? 

2 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Interested in relevant discussion on the topic I selected. I have no idea what your posts were about as I didn’t notice any, perhaps they weren’t very relevant and that’s what’s prompted your response? ? ? 

Allow me to explain

Topic 》 Game vs Hull

In this game wingers played

Wingers played were compared to wingers that played on Saturday.

You told people to shut up about a winger

Fin

Archived