Hull (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

Derby blood

1 minute ago, Gil said:

If he helps win us promotion this year we'd probably have a great chance at signing him permanently or at least another loan.

The lads a talent, being talked up as a future England regular by people who know about these things, as much as I'd like it I could not see him coming to us on a perm. If promoted then maybe another loan, but he'll go on to be a Chelsea regular I reckon.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

@Cam the Ram Holmes was out on the left. 

Just now, Kernow said:

He came on for Marriott so at a guess, Waghorn moved into the middle and Holmes went out wide.

From the clip of the third goal, he crossed from the left and Jozefzoon came in from the right so possibly on the left.

Thought so. Who on earth deserves to start in those front 3 spots against Hull at the weekend now?

Lawrence - hasn't been amazing but has got a few goals already this season

Jozefzoon - brilliant every time he's come on and today was a standout performer

Holmes - 2 assists in 15 minutes

Bennett - was up there for MOTM against Preston

Waghorn - scored today from out wide and looked very good

Nugent - was brilliant against Preston

Marriott - should have scored but I think we can all agree that goal is coming, so it could be argued to keep him in the team to build some confidence

Can make arguments for all 7. Only Wilson who's injured/returning from injury doesn't really have a chance 

Just now, SuperFrankieL said:

Hattrick of cleansheets feels good!

And very pleaed for Kelle Roos. He's stuck at it and been prepared to go anywhere and everywhere on loan to get games, and this was a nice reward. Was surprised when he didn't start the last round.

4 minutes ago, Gil said:

Forest spent £14m on that Carvalho lad from Benfica who's been awful. We got a much better player in Mount for free.

If he helps win us promotion this year we'd probably have a great chance at signing him permanently or at least another loan.

No chance of signing him permanently unfortunately. He’s going to be a Chelsea regular in the future. Best enjoy him and his goals while we can

1 minute ago, Mick Harford said:

The lads a talent, being talked up as a future England regular by people who know about these things, as much as I'd like it I could not see him coming to us on a perm. If promoted then maybe another loan, but he'll go on to be a Chelsea regular I reckon.

Depends how much £££ we're willing to spend. Chelsea aren't known for refusing to sell players for any cost.
You're right though, a second loan would be far more likely, if we were to get promoted, but still less likely than him staying at Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Someone just needs to take him out for a night in Bubbles ( @Duracell recommends it) and kebab from McTurks. He will never leave us.   

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

No chance of signing him permanently unfortunately. He’s going to be a Chelsea regular in the future. Best enjoy him and his goals while we can

Chelsea had Kevin de Bruyne and let him leave.

Who was the last Chelsea player to make it from the Academy into a first team player? Talent doesn’t seem to have much to do with it. Too much chopping and changing with the first team management to blood any youngsters in.

Even if they intend to have him as a first-team regular, by the time he’s ready at 22+, the position he plays in might not even exist in the system of whoever is manager then.

Agree that we won’t sign him though.

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Thought so. Who on earth deserves to start in those front 3 spots against Hull at the weekend now?

Lawrence - hasn't been amazing but has got a few goals already this season

Jozefzoon - brilliant every time he's come on and today was a standout performer

Holmes - 2 assists in 15 minutes

Bennett - was up there for MOTM against Preston

Waghorn - scored today from out wide and looked very good

Nugent - was brilliant against Preston

Marriott - should have scored but I think we can all agree that goal is coming, so it could be argued to keep him in the team to build some confidence

Can make arguments for all 7. Only Wilson who's injured/returning from injury doesn't really have a chance 

Lawrence doesn’t deserve a spot for scoring two freekicks, both of which were goalkeeper errors.

He’s been our worst player in general play this season. In a possession-based team, with midfielders pushing up and attacking fullbacks going on the overlap, he’s an utter liability as he gives the ball away far too cheaply.

7 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Chelsea had Kevin de Bruyne and let him leave.

Who was the last Chelsea player to make it from the Academy into a first team player? Talent doesn’t seem to have much to do with it. Too much chopping and changing with the first team management to blood any youngsters in.

Even if they intend to have him as a first-team regular, by the time he’s ready at 22+, the position he plays in might not even exist in the system of whoever is manager then.

Agree that we won’t sign him though.

De Bruyne didn’t come through Chelsea’s academy. He was already a regular starter at his previous club before moving to Chelsea and wasn’t as good as he is now. The likes of Salah, Lukaku and De Bruyne didn’t make it at Chelsea because of one man, Mourinho, who doesn’t work with young players.

Sarri has already shown that he’s willing to give Hudson-Odoi a chance. At Chelsea, Mount would only be competing with Barkley and Loftus-Cheek for a starting spot in the attacking midfield role, two players whose careers have arguably stalled. If Mount continues to progress and keep a level head then there’s no reason why he can’t move ahead of them in the pecking order.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

De Bruyne didn’t come through Chelsea’s academy. He was already a regular starter at his previous club before moving to Chelsea and wasn’t as good as he is now. The likes of Salah, Lukaku and De Bruyne didn’t make it at Chelsea because of one man, Mourinho, who doesn’t work with young players.

Sarri has already shown that he’s willing to give Hudson-Odoi a chance. At Chelsea, Mount would only be competing with Barkley and Loftus-Cheek for a starting spot in the attacking midfield role, two players whose careers have arguably stalled. If Mount continues to progress and keep a level head then there’s no reason why he can’t move ahead of them in the pecking order.

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said, but so much can change. A new manager could come along who seduces the club and the blow £60m on a central attacking player. 

It’s not just Mourinho. I can’t think of any regular Academy graduates in the Ambramovich era? Probably forgetting someone.

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And that's another question .... who does Davies replace if Keogh and Tomori keep up this form? 3 clean sheets from the past 3 games 

That guy selling programmes outside the North Stand?

Archived