It might take time

Carl Sagan

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It was a cheap shot on my behalf.

It's not great at the moment, but I can see the green shoots of how it could be in the future.

If I compare it to Pearson's first few games, I can see a plan, how it may hopefully work in the future, exactly how it's not working now, and how Frank can rectify it.

I couldn't see any of those positives at all under Pearson at the same stage, and was clinging on to his tough guy persona and experience to turn the ship around, which never happened.

If we're still chucking in the same performances and results at new year, that would be a concern but until then I'm pretty relaxed about the situation, and If that means top 6 and possible promotion is gone then so be it.

Fair enough but I’m still disappointed about today though because I want the Rams to win every game. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

I really don’t i was willing Derby to get an equalizer and i want Lampard to succeed. 

It annoys me that because his name is Lampard we cannot give any criticism in some fans eyes

Oh well on to Ipswich and Preston 

Who's said that?

Just now, Newleaf said:

I really don’t i was willing Derby to get an equalizer and 8 want Lampard to succeed. 

It annoys me that because his name is Lampard we can5 criticism in some fans eyes. 

Then I apologise, genuinely. It just seems I only see posts from you after a bad result/performance these days and there’s little or no madcap, random pearls of wisdom from you I used to enjoy reading a little while ago. 

Imagine the glass being half full instead of half empty, I read on the match thread today we’ve got a mountain to climb, we’re what ? 3 days past the middle of August with 43 games left, and we’ve got this mountain to climb apparently, don’t fall into the same category as the author of that nonsense, we’ll be alright mate. ? 

51 minutes ago, mozza said:

Who was it who said in the seventies 'if this lot win the league, i'll eat this match report on toast'? He kept his word. 

Who was it Moz? I'm intrigued!

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I started a joke thread entitled "Ipswich is a must win game" not really expecting anyone to seriously so the same.

It's a must-win game. A proper 6 pointer ?

20 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

I really don’t i was willing Derby to get an equalizer and i want Lampard to succeed. 

It annoys me that because his name is Lampard we cannot give any criticism in some fans eyes. 

You can criticize him if you like but after only 3 games of his managerial career, a few folk might feel it's a tad premature. I've not seen anyone imply he's above reproach in any case. He'll stand or fall on how he and the team perform just like any other manager. If recent history has told us anything, it's that.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Three games in and so many on here are saying we can't play like this or like that. Nonsense.

Over the last few years we've been expansive, defensive, tippy tappy, direct, slow. The players probably don't know if they're coming or going. They have to re-learn the right habits.

Last year we had Rowett Ball, happy out of possesion, and it was dire and terrible. It got us into the playoffs before abject surrender against a good footballing side.

Lampard wants us to play fast-paced possession with lots of energy and movement. That's how I want us to play too. I am happy to wait and learn this way of playing rather than ditch it because in a handful of games it's not quite clicked.

If it's not worked after 46 league games then I'm happy to keep working on it over the summer and go again with it next season.

Keep the faith.

A clap from me but until the last half hour we showed anything but fast-paced possession football.

Millwall were quicker to react and more aggressive. It was Nugent kicking Hutchinson up in the air which galvanised us.

You are right though. Individuals haven't nailed their places yet but when we get confidence as we did after the goal today, we will frighten opposition. 

We do desperately need a settled back four.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Tease! C'mon, don't leave a brother hanging ?

Lol,  sorry.  I believe it was Jon Sadler,  a Sun reporter in early seventies after an inept performance by Derby,  he was true to his word tho and had his match report typed out on rice paper and ate it.

Needs researching cos i'm not sure it was J Sadler,  someone'll know 

4 minutes ago, mozza said:

Lol,  sorry.  I believe it was Jon Sadler,  a Sun reporter in early seventies after an inept performance by Derby,  he was true to his word tho and had his match report typed out on rice paper and ate it.

Was about to scrub you off the Christmas card list ?

We will improve with Davies and Huddlestone fit. Both have the experience and cool heads to dominate teams Davies is the best defender in the championship, any team would miss him, and Huddlestone fits this system to the ground, will be the link between defence and attack we need at the moment.

The internet never forgets.

Every year, I trawl a few threads on here and remind people of some of the things they have said in the preceding 12 months (including myself) - and it's usually lulzworthy.

The hysteria of the opening fortnight - both positive and negative, and sometimes from the same poster - has already surpassed anything seen for some time.

8 minutes ago, mozza said:

I thought it was Desmond Hackett, but I could equally be wrong.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Who was it who said in the seventies 'if this lot win the league, i'll eat this match report on toast'? He kept his word. 

It was Frank Clarke, football writer for one of the national dailies, maybe even the Sun, before it became the Sun as we know it now.

He did eat the match report in which he said the famous quote, which was specially prepared on rice paper so that it was edible.

Archived