It might take time

Carl Sagan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gritters said:

My concern is that one of our best players (Mount) is on loan and if we are to progress we will need to find a replacement.

If we don't progress Mount will clearly leave. Were we to get promotion I can easily see him remaining for a second year on loan at the club, getting invaluable experience of the Premier League. In such a lovely world at that point there's a decision to be made, as to whether he will get game time at Chelsea or be sold. And if the latter then we would clearly be a contender. If we've progressed and Mason leaves we have an awful lot more money with which to find a replacement.

Basically, I apologize but I'm saying my view is the exact opposite! I think this is an excellent loan for Derby and not anything to be concerned about.

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Three games in and so many on here are saying we can't play like this or like that. Nonsense.

Over the last few years we've been expansive, defensive, tippy tappy, direct, slow. The players probably don't know if they're coming or going. They have to re-learn the right habits.

Last year we had Rowett Ball, happy out of possesion, and it was dire and terrible. It got us into the playoffs before abject surrender against a good footballing side.

Lampard wants us to play fast-paced possession with lots of energy and movement. That's how I want us to play too. I am happy to wait and learn this way of playing rather than ditch it because in a handful of games it's not quite clicked.

If it's not worked after 46 league games then I'm happy to keep working on it over the summer and go again with it next season.

Keep the faith.

Totally  agree, the commentator on the match made a very valid statement, saying that this 'looked like a side that had been well drilled over the last couple of seasons versus a side which has had 5/6 managers and as many playing styles in the last couple of seasons....'

When Frank came, we (well 80ish%) were very excited and optimistic, its natural when u lose therefore to feel deflated, but its no reason to suggest as some have that Frank must go, if they honestly think that so early they really dont understand what we need as a club,we have to evolve, some older players must move out and 'kids' move in, and build for the future, and it will take time...

Onwards and upwards

It was written on this forum many times we wouldn’t see the real Rowett team until after next summer when he could ship those who had come to the end of their contracts. That would have given him two and a bit seasons grace before he was expected to do the business in earnest. 

Yet three games into Lampards managerial career and some have made up their mind it’s not going to happen for him here. Lampard hasn’t turned to management to see if he likes it, he’s in it because his default setting, if you like, is to be successful and I believe he will be, how about trying to make the team feel good when we play Ipswich instead of filling them full of trepidation, that might help.

Aye and if Millwall had scored five more we ‘d have got beat as bad as QPR with their experienced manager, but we didn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, some of the stuff I saw yesterday did not make good viewing but which team wouldn’t miss Curtis Davies ? 

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Aye and if Millwall had scored five more we ‘d have got beat as bad as QPR with their experienced manager, but we didn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, some of the stuff I saw yesterday did not make good viewing but which team wouldn’t miss Curtis Davies ? 

A Rowett signing right. 

Whatever happens it’s all Gaz Rowetts fault. 

11 hours ago, Anon said:

I'm not so sure. Leeds do it, Wolves did it. Granted, maybe we don't have the players, but if Bielsa can get a no mark clogger like Luke Ayling to look like Cafu then it should theoretically be possible for anyone to do it.

Ayling has never been a no mark clogger though? He's been the best right back in the division since signing for Leeds? ?

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh dear, I get the impression I’m on thin ice on here as it is so it’s best I log out rather than reply what I’d like to as that will be my lot and I’d miss the place. 

Mate your input is very good. 

I want to think we will be successful I really do. 

But im concerned that’s all. 

I am probably wrong to question things as it’s upsetting the euphoria.

I am getting on the Derby Frank bandwagon like all the rest from now on. 

24 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I think we would be missing him less if Pearce was playing. 

Archived