It might take time

Carl Sagan

Just now, reveldevil said:

I think Mel's trigger finger will not even be slightly twitching all season long.

Probably can't afford to sack Frank and his team anyway, but it'll turn around soon enough regardless. 

Totally agree.

Frank will be bringing a lot of revenue to this club. Would be a disaster for Mel to bin off the face which has arguably put Derby back on the map.

Also, there's just too many good players in that team for us to struggle for too long. Waghorn, Lawrence, Wilson, Mount...they'll kick on at some point.

If I was being really optimistic, I might compare our start to that of Fulham's last season. But that would be very optimistic. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I don’t think we need to panic. Yesterday was frustrating in the first half but we were much better second half. I doubt Frank knows his best team yet and I don’t think he has got the players fit to play his best team.

We talk like Frank is proven as a manager? If it sounds like I’m knocking him, I’m not and I hope as much as everyone his a success. However this season is beginning to mirror the Clement season. Rocky start with an unproven manager, playing possession based football and bring in players that frankly neither Clement or Frank 4 months previous would have ever heard of.....

21 hours ago, Anon said:

I'm not so sure. Leeds do it, Wolves did it. Granted, maybe we don't have the players, but if Bielsa can get a no mark clogger like Luke Ayling to look like Cafu then it should theoretically be possible for anyone to do it.

Time will tell....

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I think Mel's trigger finger will not even be slightly twitching all season long.

Probably can't afford to sack Frank and his team anyway, but it'll turn around soon enough regardless. 

Yes it seems Mel has totally bought into the Lampard project, come what may. 

On 18/08/2018 at 22:14, Anon said:

I'm not so sure. Leeds do it, Wolves did it. Granted, maybe we don't have the players, but if Bielsa can get a no mark clogger like Luke Ayling to look like Cafu then it should theoretically be possible for anyone to do it.

With respect, and speaking as a Bristol City fan, the one thing Ayling is best at is carrying the ball forward. He’s probsbly not such a reliable defender, so I think describing him as a no mark clogger is about as far wide of the mark as you can get. That is, assuming he hasn’t changed type entirely since we sold him.

On 19/08/2018 at 18:46, Remy the hare said:

We talk like Frank is proven as a manager? If it sounds like I’m knocking him, I’m not and I hope as much as everyone his a success. However this season is beginning to mirror the Clement season. Rocky start with an unproven manager, playing possession based football and bring in players that frankly neither Clement or Frank 4 months previous would have ever heard of.....

I have a feeling you couldn't be further from the truth on this. It appears Frank has watched a lot of 'lower league' football over the past year or so, and is quite meticulous in the players he has signed. We have a completely different recruitment setup to when we had Clement.

Archived