Dirties v The Snake

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Now sold in WHSmith according to the advertising boards at Sheff Utd yesterday...finally hit the big time!

That was always their big problem, they didn’t actually sell it anywhere. I’m glad some marketing guru has now given them the idea to put it in a shop somewhere. 

Will be a tough game against Leeds next weekend, although I can see them getting tired/frustrated if we can keep them out early doors.

They started well but tired in the second half, their fans seem to be getting carried away already! 

so so glad we are not having to sit and watch that turgid, defensive,un-imaginative , dull, hoofball any more I have never been so bored at so many games until last season...and we made the play offs!!!......done us a massive favour walking away and don't think he'll be there past christmas...........

#outofthebuilding

Just looking at Stoke's squad. It wouldn't surprise me to see them play three at the back like we did under Rowett.

They've got the players to do so. More so than Rowett had here at Derby.

Shawcross, Indi Martins and Ashley Williams in a back three.

McClean one wingback, get in another on the right to replace Bauer.

Etobo and Allen in midfield, then Bojan, Ince and Afobe as a front three. Means Bojan and Ince wouldn't have to track back as much, while they can play more centrally.

Sith Happens
37 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Adobe just took a lifetime to leave the pitch, there is literally no urgency in this team already...

This game has been shambolic for Stoke.

Leeds look full of energy but sloppy and playing against a very poor Stoke side...I'm nervous about next week but can't see why we can't beat them if we play to our potential.

Maybe he was tired after his acrobat-ics.

It's difficult to read much into a game like that.

Leeds with a promising early season performance and a promising win, but they also started really well under Christensen last year and then faded. Will it be different under Bielsa? Will coaches find a way to neutralise them? It'll be interesting to see.

If we play like we did on Friday, Leeds will be a real handful for us and we might be on the end of the thumping that Reading threatened to give us at times.

I always thought that Rowett would find the job difficult at Stoke. I never imagined that he would come in and Stoke would cruise to the title. Today's result can't be much of a surprise - it's not as though his teams are immune from being made to look ordinary. Sheffield United and Bristol City away last season spring to mind.

But surely they will improve. Rowett just might not be there to oversee that improvement. ?

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think I'll have to sit down and read Stoke's forum with a cold beer later.

I'm halfway through the match thread. If tears could be bottled, this would be nectar. Thanks for the £2m Snakes, you're welcome to the rick.

35 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

That was always their big problem, they didn’t actually sell it anywhere. I’m glad some marketing guru has now given them the idea to put it in a shop somewhere. 

They had it in my local co-op. I think it was next to the bleach.

Regardless of the result, I think this goes to further prove why the Championship is the most competitive and exciting league in England. I think appointments like Bielsa and Lampard capture imagination and the quality of players is always improving. I much prefer it to the Premier League.

Archived