Joe Bryan - Joined Fulham

Barney1991

6 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

But that was four years ago? Very different player nowadays. Can see what you mean about cheap comments but c’mon, last season he was absolutly awful. 

After recovering from two ACL injuries, I think that is very harsh - why would we expect him to be sharp last season?  He played no football for two years and this was clearly the reason for his poor form. 

Im not sure we will get the better deal from this one!!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Defenders should be able to win headers in the box not just the centre halfs 

Defender should also be able to tackle and block for example, however the nature of the game is that the other team will also try to score a goal, it was a good ball in and a cracking header. Not sure why we have a blame culture and dissecting every goal, we are going to concede in most games, it’s part of the game.

9 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I think people need to forget about pre season performances and go off what we saw Friday night. Lowe was average and at fault for the Reading goal - Nugent was awful and showed everyone why he cant do it in the champ anymore 

It was one game...

13 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I think people need to forget about pre season performances and go off what we saw Friday night. Lowe was average and at fault for the Reading goal - Nugent was awful and showed everyone why he cant do it in the champ anymore 

Yes let’s forget about pre season and write players off after just one game in which we won ?

11 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I’d say that was harsh.

He wasn’t the best on the pitch but to say he was at fault for the goal is harsh. Partly yes because he didn’t win his challenge but that was against a towering centre forward who the CB should have been keeping an eye on.

But for me the main person at fault was the scared to death Wisdom who gave their attacker all the time in the world to pick out a cross because he was so scared of his pace. 

17 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Even if you are right what makes you think it will be so every game. Footballers aren't robots and real football isn't a computer game. 

3 minutes ago, England Ram said:

I’d say that was harsh.

He wasn’t the best on the pitch but to say he was at fault for the goal is harsh. Partly yes because he didn’t win his challenge but that was against a towering centre forward who the CB should have been keeping an eye on.

But for me the main person at fault was the scared to death Wisdom who gave their attacker all the time in the world to pick out a cross because he was so scared of his pace. 

Wisdom seems to have excellent pace but for some reason stands off his man....very odd.

Re: Max Lowe, derby telegraph said he was the best of the back 4, and I’d agree. Played well, could’ve done better with the goal but as the summarisers said it was lack of experience in trying to compete for the header, not necessarily wrong but given his opponent is bigger and better in the air, the wrong decision. Wisdom was more at fault for not stopping the cross. 

Max Lowe has to be first choice and even if we sign someone he’ll keep them out. He will be a premier league player if not with us then someone else.

Let’s face it there were several culprits. Ledley for losing the ball in the first place. Wisdom and Wilson for not stopping the cross at source. Lowe for not competing for the header and Davies for not picking up the run of Bodvarson and leaving it to our smallest defender to compete with their tallest attacker. 

Sometimes the opposition just scored. poo happens

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Let’s face it there were several culprits. Ledley for losing the ball in the first place. Wisdom and Wilson for not stopping the cross at source. Lowe for not competing for the header and Davies for not picking up the run of Bodvarson and leaving it to our smallest defender to compete with their tallest attacker. 

Yep, and it’s obviously good play from the centre forward to lose his centre half and jump against the smaller fullback instead.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Keogh it is then.

Archived