Craig Bryson - ‘PROMOTION WITH THE RAMS WOULD BE THE PINNACLE FOR ME’

1 hour ago, David said:

If you're looking for a career that allows you to have a morning lay in, can sit on your arse all day and doesn't require large periods of time away from friends or family, do not choose any of the above. Get an office job.

Or run a forum...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Or run a forum...

Wouldn't recommend it, you lose time with loved ones sat online all night defending yourself over things you haven't even said!

Gives you a right headache in the end. ?

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, David said:

Wouldn't recommend it, you lose time with loved ones sat online all night defending yourself over things you haven't even said!

Gives you a right headache in the end. ?

giphy.gif

Where’s curtains gone. 

He normally takes all the flack lol

4 hours ago, David said:

I have a fun fact on Cardiff, want to hear it? Of course you do!

Cardiff made the fewest passes in the Championship last year over the entire season with just a total of 12826. That’s just 278.8 per game!

Millwall were above them with 14070 / 305.9 per game.

But what about Derby I hear you ask, we were 12th with 18554 / 403.4 per game.

No wonder Bryson looks fresh, sounds like he’s had a decent holiday in Wales under Warnock! ?

I guess you could argue from these stats that you don't have to play a passing game to win promotion.

Bring back Gary Rowett anyone?.......No?  ?

Just now, BathRam72 said:

I guess you could argue from these stats that you don't have to play a passing game to win promotion.

Bring back Gary Rowett anyone?.......No?  ?

Ha! You don't, it's all about sticking the ball in the net more than the other team, that's what wins you promotion.

The build up to getting the ball in the net can be done a number of ways, Cardiff and Fulham couldn't be any more different in their styles but both went up.

Made no secret that I'm a results first fan, it's a competition, I want to win. 

If you told me I can have those wins, they are in the bag but would you prefer to play the Lampard/McClaren way or Rowett, I would choose the Lampard/McClaren way any day.

But I would go for the Rowett way if that was what brought results and the Lampard/McClaren way didn't.

All about those lovely 3 points. Not into losing.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Ha! You don't, it's all about sticking the ball in the net more than the other team, that's what wins you promotion.

The build up to getting the ball in the net can be done a number of ways, Cardiff and Fulham couldn't be any more different in their styles but both went up.

Made no secret that I'm a results first fan, it's a competition, I want to win. 

If you told me I can have those wins, they are in the bag but would you prefer to play the Lampard/McClaren way or Rowett, I would choose the Lampard/McClaren way any day.

But I would go for the Rowett way if that was what brought results and the Lampard/McClaren way didn't.

All about those lovely 3 points. Not into losing.

It's all very very well just being into points but where's the love of the sport in that?

I like to think I partly support derby because of the way we have played in the past,in our heyday,when I first started watching derby...not just because I grew up in derbyshire.

Playing a certain style is part of our identity...I might as well watch ten pin bowling if I just want results grinding out.

Last season,even when we were flying high,it felt wrong to me...the football was so bad and so far away from what football should be, to my mind,that it left a bad taste in my mouth.....that wasn't derby football as I perceive it to be.

There's a reason football's called the beautiful game and rowett and Pearsons game is downright ugly.

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's all very very well just being into points but where's the love of the sport in that?

I like to think I partly support derby because of the way we have played in the past,in our heyday,when I first started watching derby...not just it was because I grew up in derbyshire.

Playing a certain style is part of our identity...I might as well watch ten pin bowling if I just want results grinding out.

Last season,even when we were flying high,it felt wrong to me...the football was so bad and so far away from what football should be, to my mind,that it left a bad taste in my mouth.....that wasn't derby football as I perceive it to be.

There's a reason football's called the beautiful game and rowett and Pearsons game is downright ugly.

The love is in winning, taking the victory, I guess I'm just competitive. 

All this "it's the taking part that counts" is for school sports days, kids, when you see Gordon Ramsey with kids on his TV show he's nicey nice, with the adults he wants the ducking food done, on the table, no messing, what is that? Duck off and start that again, come on get the job done. 

Burnley are in Europe, bloody Burnley, might only be Aberdeen but I want to tell my grandkids about us playing the mighty Reds in Europe!

Amazing how quickly people forget how he couldn’t get out if he place quick enough when Burnley came knocking, legend status...not even close, not even in the top 50 midfielders I have seen at Derby  

i don’t blame him at all either by the way, if I was an average championship player and a better offer came in I would be off in a shot too. 

Bryson will be revered as a 'legend' at Derby, because:

He was a leading light in one of the most entertaining seasons at Derby since the Jim Smith years (or maybe the George Burley season?) - 16 goals from midfield, including:

Hat-trick against Forest - same season, but will elevate him further.

Looks to have a genuine affection for the club.

Sure, he's not actually achieved anything at Derby, less so, considering this club's illustrious past, but he's as close as some fans are going to get.

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Love this guy ????

True Ram through and through, my favourite Ram in recent history by a mile. This lad will run through a brick wall for DCFC ??

I think that this statement says more about how starved of success we have been recently than the quality of the player...its really sad that this is a true statement for a lot of fans.....I used to feel gutted that I missed some of the players from the 70's at Derby but compared to the last couple of generations I think I have had it pretty good actually.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I think that this statement says more about how starved of success we have been recently than the quality of the player...its really sad that this is a true statement for a lot of fans.....I used to feel gutted that I missed some of the players from the 70's at Derby but compared to the last couple of generations I think I have had it pretty good actually.

I would have to agree, to witness those players first hand you certainly can count yourself very fortunate indeed. 

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Amazing how quickly people forget how he couldn’t get out if he place quick enough when Burnley came knocking, legend status...not even close, not even in the top 50 midfielders I have seen at Derby  

i don’t blame him at all either by the way, if I was an average championship player and a better offer came in I would be off in a shot too. 

If you don't blame him, why do you keep bleating on about it.

Since big money came into football there is very little loyalty shown by many players or managers. The o ly real loyal ones are us fans and I've lived in various places outside Derby but always and always will be a Derby fan. I am not alone in this thousands of others are the same. That said Bryson always puts in a good shift for Derby. I can't remember a match in which he looks as if he can't be bothered which is more than be said for some.

Archived