Craig Bryson - ‘PROMOTION WITH THE RAMS WOULD BE THE PINNACLE FOR ME’

Full Article: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/promotion-with-the-rams-would-be-the-pinnacle-for-me

The 31-year-old achieved promotion to the Premier League whilst on loan with Cardiff City last campaign and in an in-depth interview, the Scottish midfielder sat down with has spoken of his experiences in the Welsh Capital.

“It (the loan) was good. From a personal point of view, it was good to go there and get promoted and work under a manager that has experienced promotion so many times,” Bryson, who joined Derby in 2011, said.

“It probably wasn’t my choice to go out, but it did prove to be a really successful year in the end.

“I don’t think I could have gone further away if I tried. I always thought that I wouldn’t play for another team in England – that’s in an ideal world – but things change, managers change and they all come with different styles and ideas. 

“I ended up going out to Cardiff and it was a really good experience.”

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

It's still crazy to me that Rowett wanted a team of grafters who would give anything for the cause and he chose to loan out Craig Bryson

That’s what I don’t get either cause there was no way craig wanted to leave derby 

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

That’s what I don’t get either cause there was no way craig wanted to leave derby 

Had much contact with him lately? I'm curious about what happened with the failed permanent move to Cardiff? And has Frank gave him any indication verbally that he'll be a big part of his plans this season?

20 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Fair enough, was worth a try ??

all i would say is imo  if i was derby id be renewing his contract or he can start talking to other teams in 6 months time and leave for nothing , that wouldnt make sense to me 

I'd be open to giving Bryson a new contract, but unfortunately at the moment it would have to be on reduced terms. It seems like he's going to be a key player for us this season, yet again. It would be great to see him win promotion with us, so he doesn't have to take a pay cut to stay here. 

43 minutes ago, valleyram said:

all i would say is imo  if i was derby id be renewing his contract or he can start talking to other teams in 6 months time and leave for nothing , that wouldnt make sense to me 

With what you have said about him never wanting to leave the club, talking with other clubs in 6 months time shouldn’t be an issue. 

He shot off to Turf Moor like a rocket days after the play off final, weren’t PFA involved at one point trying to force the move/500k release fee?

He only did a U-turn when we stupidly handed him a lush five year contract, I bet he does bloody love us alright.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's still crazy to me that Rowett wanted a team of grafters who would give anything for the cause and he chose to loan out Craig Bryson

I mean let's be honest what Rowett says and what Rowett does are frequently not the same. 

I don’t get the love fest for Bryson, he had one good season, he scored a hatrick against the red dogs, that gives him a place in the history books but doesn’t give him legendary status.

other than that he has had a few average seasons.

he is obviously trying to work hard to get back into the team and that is to be comended but he is another one of yesterday’s heroes !

54 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He shot off to Turf Moor like a rocket days after the play off final, weren’t PFA involved at one point trying to force the move/500k release fee?

He only did a U-turn when we stupidly handed him a lush five year contract, I bet he does bloody love us alright.

If there was a release fee, and burnley met it, then of course there will be an issue if derby were in breach of contract.

when you see how we've messed chris martin about i don't think we can begrudge a player wanting to hear what another club had to say.

i've no idea how much we are paying him, but we shouldn't begruudge him whatver we then agreed to pay him.

I think he is needed more than ever now, to help guide all the sprogs and lead by example. I can't think of anyone better for the role.

Archived