Craig Bryson - ‘PROMOTION WITH THE RAMS WOULD BE THE PINNACLE FOR ME’

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

YOU might be sure, but actually you don't KNOW - unless Mel has confessed all to you? ?

Well seeing as Lampard had a month in Russia lined up with the BBC that he had to cut short, I would say it was fairly unexpected he would be house hunting in the Midlands. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Well seeing as Lampard had a month in Russia lined up with the BBC that he had to cut short, I would say it was fairly unexpected he would be house hunting in the Midlands. 

But not that he was house hunting - maybe Ipswich...

Anyway he only came here for the money, Ipshit could pay he next to nothing.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But not that he was house hunting - maybe Ipswich...

Anyway he only came here for the money, Ipshit could pay he next to nothing.

Lampard confirmed he is moving to the area in an interview with Natalie Jackson for the BBC, guess you missed that one which is why you’re taking a swing at me. 

The point was originally related to slagging off a player for having a potential interest in talking to another club. For some that seems to undermine seven seasons of hard graft.  

last season daveo  "pulled me up" repeatedly on the benefits of rowetball, with outright cynicism over possession based football. No-one seems to believe in that rowettball rubbish now.

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The point was originally related to slagging off a player for having a potential interest in talking to another club. For some that seems to undermine seven seasons of hard graft.  

last season daveo  "pulled me up" repeatedly on the benefits of rowetball, with outright cynicism over possession based football. No-one seems to believe in that rowettball rubbish now.

I’ve had many discussions with many members over the years, I don’t recall “repeatedly” pulling you up personally over possession, I could reel off a bunch of members I have bashed heads with over that particular subject but you wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of the list, in fact I don’t recall having that many discussions with you at all on the forum so I’m a bit surprised you feel that way.

As for your original point, I focussed on the Martin line as I’ve seen it posted a few times, scrolled past, tried to understand but can’t and tonight I just felt like putting my thoughts across as it’s semi relevant with him playing for the U23s today.

Back on topic... Bryson is one of my favourite players I can remember (which unfortunately for me is about the last 18 years) he may be on a lot of money etc but I can't remember too many players to play for the shirt like he does. in 20 years time I'll tell my kids about Bryson and that hat trick like my dad tells me about Saunders and my grandad tell me about Hector. He's a legend in the making and I believe him when he says it would mean more with derby. 

P.s. Martin is alright too.

11 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's still crazy to me that Rowett wanted a team of grafters who would give anything for the cause and he chose to loan out Craig Bryson

I think if he had been fully fit it might have been a different story. Craig has been back to his best in pre season. We have had the full Bryson and at 31 there are still legs and an engine in the special category. 

Early on when Rowett tried him CB was running at full power but there was a slight but evident hold back in the last inch of a possible tackle/contact. Entirely due to self preservation and psychology after his serious injury. .. he’s gone through that and we are now going to reap the benefits. ... great news. 

3 hours ago, jono said:

I think if he had been fully fit it might have been a different story. Craig has been back to his best in pre season. We have had the full Bryson and at 31 there are still legs and an engine in the special category. 

Early on when Rowett tried him CB was running at full power but there was a slight but evident hold back in the last inch of a possible tackle/contact. Entirely due to self preservation and psychology after his serious injury. .. he’s gone through that and we are now going to reap the benefits. ... great news. 

I have a fun fact on Cardiff, want to hear it? Of course you do!

Cardiff made the fewest passes in the Championship last year over the entire season with just a total of 12826. That’s just 278.8 per game!

Millwall were above them with 14070 / 305.9 per game.

But what about Derby I hear you ask, we were 12th with 18554 / 403.4 per game.

No wonder Bryson looks fresh, sounds like he’s had a decent holiday in Wales under Warnock! ?

9 hours ago, David said:

Lampard confirmed he is moving to the area in an interview with Natalie Jackson for the BBC, guess you missed that one which is why you’re taking a swing at me. 

Lol. You're a bit paranoid aren't you? It was part of the argument you promulgated about how love of money is the main motivator for footballers. The point was not about Lamps moving to Derby, and no I didn't miss the mention of it at all.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. You're a bit paranoid aren't you? It was part of the argument you promulgated about how love of money is the main motivator for footballers. The point was not about Lamps moving to Derby, and no I didn't miss the mention of it at all.

You quoted this from me "I’m sure Mel on the blower to Frank telling him he’s moving to Derbados and to bring his Mrs and bump with him having just returned to London from New York via a year in Manchester was unexpected. That’s football!"

With this reply "YOU might be sure, but actually you don't KNOW - unless Mel has confessed all to you? ?"

But now apparently it was with regards to money being the main motivator which at no point have I ever even said the main motivator. What I did say was he hasn't done bad financially out of this. Stop putting words into peoples keywords as it makes for a poor discussion.

No paranoia, just extremely poor quoting on your behalf there. Perhaps because I have never said what you are trying to claim.

Like it or not having money and lots of it can help with location issues, we're not talking about a a McDonald's worker on minimum pay being sent down the other end of the country.

6 minutes ago, David said:

You bumped this from me "I’m sure Mel on the blower to Frank telling him he’s moving to Derbados and to bring his Mrs and bump with him having just returned to London from New York via a year in Manchester was unexpected. That’s football!"

With this reply "YOU might be sure, but actually you don't KNOW - unless Mel has confessed all to you?

But now apparently it was with regards to money being the main motivator ...What I did say was he hasn't done bad financially out of this. Stop putting words into peoples keywords as it makes for a poor discussion.

You changed the subject part way through a discussion because it was going badly for you.

You said Martin should deal with how the past two seasons have gone cos that's football and he's well paid. {You then switched to Lampard] I said you have no idea about what made Lampard do his house-hunting in Derby rather Ipswich. 

You switched topics and are doing so again - I didn't 'bump' the thread merely this morning answered a point you made to me last night.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You changed the subject part way through a discussion because it was going badly for you.

You said Martin should deal with how the past two seasons have gone cos that's football and he's well paid. I said you have no idea about what made Lampard do his house-hunting in Derby rather Ipswich. 

You switched topics and are doing so again - I didn't 'bump' the thread merely this morning answered a point you made to me last night.

How is it going badly for me? It's a forum, I'm putting my opinion across but you are adding your own words in and creating yourself an argument for yourself.

Yes Martin should deal with how the past two seasons have gone, it's football, moving clubs is part of the career that they have chosen. No I'm not going to fetch the violin out as he's been on loan twice as the manager didn't see a place for him in the team, because that is the game, that is football.

Every single player in the dressing room under every single managerial change would not have known are they in the managers plans, are they not. 

And again yes, footballers are paid well, don't tell me I can't say that Martin would have got a better deal when he signed a new long contract whilst you freely talk about players wages in transfer topics. 

Derby to Fulham is a couple of hours away, we have players that have been sent to other countries not even being able to speak the language! 

And maybe I don't know for sure why Lampard is house hunting in Derby rather than Ipswich but can I take a wild guess here and say that it's because his job is in Derby?

I can discuss this with you all day, no problem, but if you carry on making up your own arguments over things I haven't said anywhere, there is little point. 

36 minutes ago, David said:

How is it going badly for me? It's a forum, I'm putting my opinion across but you are adding your own words in and creating yourself an argument for yourself.

Yes Martin should deal with how the past two seasons have gone, it's football, moving clubs is part of the career that they have chosen...that is the game, that is football.

Because you don't answer the points you shift the conversation - very Shirley Valentine! 

As for your point about football as a career - well footballers (and managers) are people too.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are talking rubbish Roy but I just wanted to flag up your use of the word "Promulgated"...…..Beautiful!

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As for your point about football as a career - well footballers (and managers) are people too.

Yes footballers are people.

People go to school, then we all go off in our separate ways in life and make our own career choices.

If you join the Merchant Navy you expect to be at sea for large periods of the year.

If you work on the oil rigs you can be working 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off.

If you're a milkman you will be up early in the morning.

If you're a postman you can expect to reach 10,000 steps a day on your fitbit.

If you're a footballer you can be sent out on loan or move to the other side of the country for 3 or 4 years.

If you're looking for a career that allows you to have a morning lay in, can sit on your arse all day and doesn't require large periods of time away from friends or family, do not choose any of the above. Get an office job.

Chris Martin, Craig Bryson, Nick Blackman, Scott Carson, Joe Ledley etc. all chose the career of a professional footballer. 

Archived