Carl Sagan

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Another difficult setup to predict. My guess is:

Ravas

Gordon Wassall Macdonald Anya

Bateman Bird

Eyoma         Babos         Cresswell

Martin

I’m surprised Ravas appears to have moved ahead of Barnes in the pecking order. I’ve always been impressed by Barnes’s distribution and seems a better shot stopper than Ravas to me. 

We've got a new GK coach and suddenly Roos has taken over as 1st team backup and Ravas is first choice at U23 level. Both Ravas & Roos are around 6'4. I doubt it's a a coincidence.

I agree btw, rated Barnes last season, very similar to Carson.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

looks chelsea are being spoilsports and not allowing derby to stream the game today on ramstv.

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Derby County Under-23s' Premier League 2 - Division 1 clash with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Friday night will not be streamed live, but will be available to watch in full on Saturday morning at dcfc.co.uk.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/08/under-23s-vs-chelsea-available-to-view-on-saturday-morning

It is on Chelsea TV, they will be showing it on their website and on their Sky channel. Subscription for online is £4.99 per month but you get the first month for free (not sure if you have to pay £4.99 and get 2 months worth or if you register and get a month free straight away)

EDIT: see screenshot below

Screenshot_20180824-120924.jpg

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

You’d think they’d show the U23 matches for free the right bumwipes

They are like Man Utd - it's all about not devaluing the product. ? 

Anyway, we get to see two of their under 23s every match for no additional cost! 

Strong team, Thorne, Martin and Anya the overage players

EDIT: oddly the team sheet hasn't fully embedded. After Martin the team sheet should read Babos and Anya. The other subs are Karic and McAllister

EDIT2: I see we've now got a separate match thread so fine to bin this post off!

What did folk make of George's performance? Thought Gordon, Guy and Babos did well. Barnes looked very assured in goal. Typically tidy finish from Chris after a deft reverse pass from Elsnik, but aside from that I thought Timi was rather quiet. Defensively we look a very good side as Chelsea seemed a very strong outfit. Lamptey in particular looked a real prospect and was at the heart of every significant attack in the first 45. Thought Ikechi did very well to keep him much quieter in the after the break. Tammy not at his usual level thankfully.

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

What did folk make of George's performance? 

Overall he did well, but difficult to know whether he's able to play at Championship pace until he does - but don't see why not. Can't understand why if he doesn't get a run out tonight. 

Archived