Academy Thread 2018/19

Carl Sagan

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Not a clue... probably because @DavidHAS FAILED TO PIN THE GOD'DAM  ACADEMY THREAD LIKE I ASKED!!!!!!

Well until he does I just wanted to say there's quite a few unfamiliar names in the squad tonight - not all of them under 18s. We may have signed a few over the summer that have gone under the radar? 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well until he does I just wanted to say there's quite a few unfamiliar names in the squad tonight - not all of them under 18s. We may have signed a few over the summer that have gone under the radar? 

Indeed... either signings or trialists maybe?

Barnes, Brown, Sibley, Bird, Hunt, Buchanan, Eyoma, Babos, Zanzala, Vernam, Mitchell-Lawson.

Subs: Minkley, French, Knight, Whittaker, Cashin, Charles, Thompson, Hussein, Splatt, Cresswell, Stretton.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Who is Stretton? He definitely didn’t feature for the U23s last season, and I don’t remember him playing for the 18s either. 

A search for “Stretton Derby” wasn’t much use ?

Looks like Jack Stretton is one of the u18's (defender)

On 19/07/2018 at 21:51, Carnero said:

0_Team-sheet.jpg

I see Jamie Jackson is at Matlock now. I used to enjoy watching him at Buxton. Always lively and trying to make things happen. Felt he was mis-used there and was not surprised to see him leave.

i don't post often but can help here new scholars coming on board 12 to be exact

jauvan splatt. eiran Cashin. brad foster

Zahid Hussain. harry halwax . Archie brown

Liam Thompson. kornell McDonald .Jaden Charles.

festy ebosele. tyree Wilson. Louie sibley.

some i.e. sibley and Cashin were here last year and have made it up to 1st year scholars hope this helps

After his rather unusual, long preseason trial with Chesterfield in the National League, Lewis Walker finds himself back with the Academy.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/boss-sees-bright-future-for-derby-county-striker-but-town-won-t-be-signing-him-1-9271304

Martin Allen, the Chesterfield boss, said:

“I think with hard work and development programme, with upper body strengthening, he’s certainly got something. He had a great attitude and desire but at the moment it wasn’t right for us to bring him in.”

44 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

After his rather unusual, long preseason trial with Chesterfield in the National League, Lewis Walker finds himself back with the Academy.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/boss-sees-bright-future-for-derby-county-striker-but-town-won-t-be-signing-him-1-9271304

Martin Allen, the Chesterfield boss, said:

“I think with hard work and development programme, with upper body strengthening, he’s certainly got something. He had a great attitude and desire but at the moment it wasn’t right for us to bring him in.”

In other words 'He's getting bullied by the non-league thugs!'

Archived