Academy Thread 2018/19

Carl Sagan

29 minutes ago, Gcram said:

What’s goes on behind the scenes in non league football doesn’t stay private for long, rest assured I am confident about the situation and truth will out... its all very well having a recall clause but to send him straight back out to another club? Sorry, that’s just rude

"Doesn't stay private" is, of course, the absolute truth and not something which suits the agenda of the leaker... especially as the other party won't comment at all.

You know that there's nothing wrong to be open to other options than your own opinion?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

"Doesn't stay private" is, of course, the absolute truth and not something which suits the agenda of the leaker... especially as the other party won't comment at all.

You know that there's nothing wrong to be open to other options than your own opinion?

There’s 101 options. I just happen to know the correct one. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Only had three subs today, but didn't slow us down as we came from 1 -0 down at half time to win 5 - 1. 

Jack Stretton, Jason Knight, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Thompson and Jayden Charles with the goals. 

This team is bloody good isn’t it? Always seem to be smashing the opposition.

On 12/10/2018 at 13:21, Gcram said:

I know you probably don’t care much about non league clubs but this is very poor behaviour from Derby IMO. You loaned Gloucester a goalkeeper and agreed the loan until the end of the year, and now you recall and send back out on loan to a club at the same level, where our old manager is now in charge, leaving us without a keeper 2 days before a match? Clearly there is some relationship with Derby and our former manager, but if this was a loan deal between Football League clubs there would be outrage. If you genuinely needed Yates back or there was some other reason then fair enough but this is distasteful to say the least. Be interested to know your thoughts?

Good point well made, Gcram

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For those on here who hate Stoke, I believe there's good news that the U14s won 3-5 away there tonight in a cup match.

Isn’t that just what the bet365 Stadium is called in front of the kids to get around gambling ad restrictions?

Rams U23 3-1 PSV U23 (apparently)

Further details unknown

(found some)

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2018/10/31/europe/premier-league-international-cup/Derby-u23/psv-u23/2885821/?ICID=PL_MS_10

1 H. Ravas     
5 A. Pearce     
3 C. MacDonald
6 M. Hunt     
4 J. Butterfield
11 A. Eyoma (J. Shonibare 86')
10 L. Sibley     
8 J. Knight     
9 C. Cresswell
2 K. Gordon     
7 M. Whittaker (J. Mitchell-Lawson) 68'

12 J. Mitchell-Lawson
18 J. Shonibare
13 M. Yates
15 F. Rashid
17 S. Karič
14 K. McAllister
16 J. Brown

1 - 0 C. Cresswell 11'(assist by L. Sibley)
2 - 0 J. Butterfield (penalty) 50'  
2 - 1 J. Piroe 74'
3 - 1 J. Mitchell-Lawson 79' (assist by A. Eyoma)

10 hours ago, Matt H said:

Rams U23 3-1 PSV U23 (apparently)

Further details unknown

(found some)

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2018/10/31/europe/premier-league-international-cup/Derby-u23/psv-u23/2885821/?ICID=PL_MS_10

1 H. Ravas     
5 A. Pearce     
3 C. MacDonald
6 M. Hunt     
4 J. Butterfield
11 A. Eyoma (J. Shonibare 86')
10 L. Sibley     
8 J. Knight     
9 C. Cresswell
2 K. Gordon     
7 M. Whittaker (J. Mitchell-Lawson) 68'

12 J. Mitchell-Lawson
18 J. Shonibare
13 M. Yates
15 F. Rashid
17 S. Karič
14 K. McAllister
16 J. Brown

1 - 0 C. Cresswell 11'(assist by L. Sibley)
2 - 0 J. Butterfield (penalty) 50'  
2 - 1 J. Piroe 74'
3 - 1 J. Mitchell-Lawson 79' (assist by A. Eyoma)

Who's J.Brown? 

Great experience (and result) for a pretty young side again.

Edit: found him here https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/07/eight-rams-sign-scholarships-for-201718

What an academy batch this looks already! 

Our youth have been a pleasure to watch this season. I've enjoyed the U18 and U23 games as much as the first team games.

Last season our youth games were often pretty dreary, generally due to a lack of numbers and zero inclusion of senior players in the U23s.

I feel strange about Butterfield though. I've been really impressed by how he's conducted himself playing for the U23s. He's played well in every game, puts effort in, communicates well, helps the lads organise and our side is unequivocally better off for his presence - but at the same time I can't help but feel for him that he didn't get a move away and didn't (seemingly) receive any interest from other sides.

Obviously its a long season and with injuries he could absolutely get a chance in the first team this season, but if nothing materialises this is such a waste of a season for him on a personal level.

Archived