Academy Thread 2018/19

Carl Sagan

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So is the Real Union game happening?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/rams-u23s-set-to-face-real-union-this-pre-season

Supposed to be today at 19:00?

#DCFCU23 XI to face @REALUNIONCIRUN: Ravas, Gordon, Sibley, Bird, Macdonald, Hunt, McAllister, Knight, Cresswell, Babos, Eyoma.

Subs: Barnes, Whittaker, Karic, Zanzala, Minkley, Mitchell-Lawson, Brown.

My guess would be:

Ravas

Gordon Hunt Macdonald Sibley

Knight Bird Babos

McAllister Cresswell Eyoma

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You could have paid €1.50 to watch it on ‘footers’. Link was on the Real Union Twitter (retweeted by DCFC academy)

I don't do Twitter, one of the few downsides is that I miss this sort of thing! Ah well, €1.50 saved I guess.

I saw the post earlier in this thread re Derby player Delap in under 16 England squad. Yes he is Rory delap's son. I've not seen him play but always heard his name mentioned as a top player in his agegroup

In that same England squad the player to keep your eye out for is a Celtic player called Dembele.  Born in England and despite already playing for Scotland - England have muscled in now. Tremendous talent. Age 13 he played for Celtic under 20s. hes 14 now

lots of clips on YouTube but I cant cut and paste for some reason

anyone interested just google " dembele wonderkid"

its its not often you can watch a 13 year old and be certain they will be a top player. But he ticks all the boxes. Could end up being the creative player England need at first team level. Will be 18 next World Cup. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Not quite the info I was interested in. ?

It's all I have! ? 

I wonder if our 3rd or 4th string seniors will play a half though.

Archived