Academy Thread 2018/19

Carl Sagan

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hi Owen, how come there wasn't a Review Show last night? I was forced to listen to the Moan In instead!!!

I'm very, very sorry you had to do that ?

Unfortunately I was scrambled to Moor Farm to talk to Tomori & Luke Thomas, so we pushed back filming for the day. Just a one off!

4 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Unfortunately I was scrambled to Moor Farm to talk to Tomori & Luke Thomas, so we pushed back filming for the day. Just a one off!

Where was Gibbo? I'd have words OB, making you do all the graft. ?

22 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Now look at that yo-yo, that's the way you do it. You talk about football on RamsTV. That ain't workin' that's the way you do it. Money for nothin' and games for free.

Now that ain't workin' that's Owen’s way to do it. Lemme tell ya that guy ain't dumb. Maybe get a blister on your little finger. Maybe get a blister on your bum

My apologies to Dire straights

On 07/08/2018 at 10:40, OwenB87 said:

Here today, gone Tomori.

On 1 August 2018 at 06:25, Interestedparty said:

I saw the post earlier in this thread re Derby player Delap in under 16 England squad. Yes he is Rory delap's son. I've not seen him play but always heard his name mentioned as a top player in his agegroup

In that same England squad the player to keep your eye out for is a Celtic player called Dembele.  Born in England and despite already playing for Scotland - England have muscled in now. Tremendous talent. Age 13 he played for Celtic under 20s. hes 14 now

lots of clips on YouTube but I cant cut and paste for some reason

anyone interested just google " dembele wonderkid"

its its not often you can watch a 13 year old and be certain they will be a top player. But he ticks all the boxes. Could end up being the creative player England need at first team level. Will be 18 next World Cup. 

I've seen Delap play now. Despite being under 16 he's already a grown man. He's strong, fast and skilful. Remains to be seen whether he will still standout as much when other players his age catch him up in size and strength etc. But right now he looks very good. 

13 hours ago, Rampage said:

Can Delap just take his son with him or do they have to buy his Contract out? 

A parent can't normally buy out the contract of an academy player if that's what you mean?

It's against academy rules. Players can only be "bought" out by other clubs

Will also depend whether his son has signed normal schoolboy forms or whether he always had a unique arrangement 

Another difficult setup to predict. My guess is:

Ravas

Gordon Wassall Macdonald Anya

Bateman Bird

Eyoma         Babos         Cresswell

Martin

I’m surprised Ravas appears to have moved ahead of Barnes in the pecking order. I’ve always been impressed by Barnes’s distribution and seems a better shot stopper than Ravas to me. 

Archived