Mason Mount - Signed on a season long loan

Cam the Ram

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"It was a big pull, but the club overall is a massive pull. The fans, there is always a massive following at every game.”

“The club is huge and I want to take them into the Premier League, that’s where they belong.”

- mason mount ?

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Mason Mount's 2017/18 Eredivisie season by numbers (inc. play-offs):

32 games
25 starts
215 crosses
79 chances created
70 shots
47 take-ons
33 tackles won
14 goals
9 assists

79 chances created and 9 assists. Who was playing up front for them? Carlton Cole?! 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Excited but every interview from any new signing for any club says the same thing. 

“Delighted to be here and can’t wait to get started. Big club, lots of history and tradition and with a big fanbase” blah blah blah. Guarantee you will see that in most interviews when a player or manager joins a new club. Maybe ask some interesting questions like if you weren’t a footballer, what would you be or who would you like to take on in a wrestling match?

Oldest trick in the book to initially win fans over and easy PR for the club.

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

“Delighted to be here and can’t wait to get started. Big club, lots of history and tradition and with a big fanbase” blah blah blah. Guarantee you will see that in most interviews when a player or manager joins a new club. Maybe ask some interesting questions like if you weren’t a footballer, what would you be or who would you like to take on in a wrestling match?

Oldest trick in the book to initially win fans over and easy PR for the club.

Yeah, i know theres nothing else they can say to the same old questions but jeez. 

The question "What made you choose Derby County"... they are always going to run through the checklist. They can't give the honest answer because fans would spitting the dummy out. 

Like Frank Lampard saying "I grew up with stories of Derby County. A club with huge tradition, history and support"

Now Frank, I'm happy you're here and I'm ok that the reason is because we pay you good money and give you a good chance to be successful without the pressure of survival in the PL. You're here because we are probably one of the highest finishing teams to offer you a job and we have real top draw facilities to do your day to day job in. I can live with that.

But Frank, you were born in 1978. I doubt they were still talking about Derby County winning the league when you were old enough to listen. London schools full of Derby fans in 1985? Can't see it.

But if he was honest then fans would not think logically would they?

Yeah, i know theres nothing else they can say to the same old questions but jeez. 

The question "What made you choose Derby County"... they are always going to run through the checklist. They can't give the honest answer because fans would spitting the dummy out. 

Like Frank Lampard saying "I grew up with stories of Derby County. A club with huge tradition, history and support"

Now Frank, I'm happy you're here and I'm ok that the reason is because we pay you good money and give you a good chance to be successful without the pressure of survival in the PL. You're here because we are probably one of the highest finishing teams to offer you a job and we have real top draw facilities to do your day to day job in. I can live with that.

But Frank, you were born in 1978. I doubt they were still talking about Derby County winning the league when you were old enough to listen. London schools full of Derby fans in 1985? Can't see it.

But it was his dad talking about Derby County. Played against us in the Glory years.

PistoldPete2

To be fair Frank Lampard Senior could tell him all about the rams in the glory years.. and Uncle Arry.

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

But it was his dad talking about Derby County. Played against us in the Glory years.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

To be fair Frank Lampard Senior could tell him all about the rams in the glory years.. and Uncle Arry.

Do you reckon he did though? In the mid 80's? Did Derby have a big impact on his life?

It's just Leicester won the league a year ago and I don't reckon their story is still being told. And that's in the age of internet. 

The team of the 70's was Liverpool and Forest won the league in 78. 

And nobody signs for a clubs fan base.

I'm not criticising. It's the football media charade you have to play. I just think interviews are mostly scripted balls

25 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's true of course.

But they literally made a film about our glory days and the chief architect's bickering with another club!

2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

That's true of course.

But they literally made a film about our glory days and the chief architect's bickering with another club!

And don't forget....willie carlin broke his Dad's leg!

Archived