Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

5 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I don’t understand why a whole host of clubs, even clubs abroad, are not in for the championship golden boot winner. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Maybe because he scores goals 1 season in 3, can only play in one position in certain systems, contributes little to open play and is injured.

I fear failing to get big money for him this summer will be a repeat of missing out on millions for Sturridge. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sage said:

Maybe because he scores goals 1 season in 3, can only play in one position in certain systems, contributes little to open play and is injured.

I fear failing to get big money for him this summer will be a repeat of missing out on millions for Sturridge. 

And Barnes......

13 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I don’t understand why a whole host of clubs, even clubs abroad, are not in for the championship golden boot winner. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Unless insiders know more than we know ...does seem odd that only one club has taken a serious interest 

12 minutes ago, sage said:

There’s been a lot of money spent in the championship in recent seasons on ‘top’ strikers that have been expected to score the goals to get a team promoted(Rhodes, McCormack, Kodija) and have come up short. I can imagine here’s a lot of apprehension from chairmen and managers to spend millions on these players.

The golden boot means nothing if your attributes don’t match what a manager expects from you and hence what Vydra’s current problem is

If Waghorn saw the Wolves game which I am sure he did, he may want to sign for us. He may also wonder how he would get in the team. 

Marriott  now knows that he will need 20 goals this season to stay in the team. Should be no problem. 

Just now, bucktwo said:

mardy, greedy, loner, bad for morale... not in FL's plans ..... he'll be gone by Friday   

Mardy - maybe

Greedy - well he's not currently demanding even bigger wages from us, just to move to Leeds 

Loner - I disagree. He seemed to be really good friends with Nugent and Anya last season and has been pictured with Thorne and Anya at the Wolves game

Bad for morale - not sure why. He was great for morale last season when his goals helped win us games, so not sure why that's suddenly changed

Not in Lampard's plans - we don't know that yet. He's been injured so Frank hasn't been able to use him even if he wanted to

Archived