Has reality dawned yet. (Curtains is still not convinced)

Curtains

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

I disagree. I think the pay rise and the fact it's probably an easier route to the Premier League was his decision for leaving. If it was through fear of losing Vydra he would have just signed him for Stoke anyway, which he hasn't. 

No I misunderstood you. I thought you meant lack of ambition and Rowett has loads and wants Prem football 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

No I misunderstood you. I thought you meant lack of ambition and Rowett has loads and wants Prem football 

Everyone wants Prem football, but through chucking tons of money at it in recent seasons we now have to try and be smarter about things. We (and 9/10ths of the Championship) can't offer Rowett what Stoke can, an already brilliant squad with probably the biggest budget in the league. The funny part though is that Rowett had the chance to get Prem football last season, but to me didn't have enough confidence in his own ability to save Stoke from relegation. He's not a loyal person, Rowett does what is best for Rowett

I'm completely neutral still - Just waiting to see what happens

Actually I'm fairly excited just cos I always get excited when we're back in pre-season training - The England game reminded me I hate football when it's actually happening cos it's tense and stressful and brutal - I prefer it before we've played any games and there's still just potential...

I do remember a time curtains was loved up on Nigel Pearson and wanted the entire squad booted out of the club for failing him.

Now, I respect Curtains and I don't think it's bad to have some skeptical posters on the lampard subject. Just, I've disagreed before and mostly disagree now.

But he might turn out to be right to be doubtful this time.

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Well they are perfectly entitled too . 

Attention grab well maybe you are right because it’s a post on a football forum that you and most disagree with. 

Derby fans have pinned Lampard as their saviour.

I’m out of tune with them sorry. 

Well I guess that's why I've always got the blues...........

Get in tune @curtains get in tune!

Up The Rams.

33 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Not sure I follow?

Now then mate you are even more simple than I thought. 

Only kidding as Brian used to say. 

Why did you feel the need to add to my original post mate. 

I never actually said I’m not convinced did I ?

27 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Everyone wants Prem football, but through chucking tons of money at it in recent seasons we now have to try and be smarter about things. We (and 9/10ths of the Championship) can't offer Rowett what Stoke can, an already brilliant squad with probably the biggest budget in the league. The funny part though is that Rowett had the chance to get Prem football last season, but to me didn't have enough confidence in his own ability to save Stoke from relegation. He's not a loyal person, Rowett does what is best for Rowett

Just answer me this. 

Who makes the decisions at DCFC the Fans or the Club owners 

Curtains I think you are being unnerved by the signings of Forest. Lampard is a rookie manager but on the flip side he is an incredibly successful football man. He has a new team with him and he will be very anxious to succeed. Of course thee is a risk but the vast majority of fans have decided its a ride they have bought into....and why not?

Finances mean we need to create money from the squad rather than ask Mel to put his hand in his pocket. No doubt there are many things going on behind the scenes that none of us  know about and that is why things appear to be quiet. Why not buckle up for the ride? Maybe get yourself a ticket with the other 4,000 at Notts County and see how the team line up and what style of play Lampard is trying to instil. It will be a good afternoon out.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Obviously the owners, but I'm not sure what that has to do with my post? ?

No maybe you are right mate. 

Just pointing out that I have no input in decisions at DCFC and the owners appointed Rowett for right or wrong. 

They have now appointed Lampard as manager. 

13 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

No maybe you are right mate. 

Just pointing out that I have no input in decisions at DCFC and the owners appointed Rowett for right or wrong. 

They have now appointed Lampard as manager. 

Why have you changed your name to Newleaf?

isnt that part of a dining table? You know, what you add to make room for gran at Christmas?

youre not working your way round the furniture are you and in 12months time will be reborn as @antimacassar or something? ??

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Why have you changed your name to Newleaf?

isnt that part of a dining table? You know, what you add to make room for gran at Christmas?

youre not working your way round the furniture are you and in 12months time will be reborn as @antimacassar or something? ??

So we can still say “pull yersen together” even now.

Simples.

I'm excited by the whole Lampard/Morris team and potential of getting the Chelski lads on the cheap.

But felt exactly like this under Clement and was often expecting the Madrid B side to roll into town.

Sooner we sign someone the better, the past few weeks has dragged and nowt seems any closer to be happening other than names out a hat being rumoured.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Did anyone else get confused as to who NewLeaf was? ?‍♂️

I’ll miss Curtains, he finally pulled himself together.

He's gone from something you draw to something you roll.

Archived