Most Overrated Bands of all Time

Hathersage Ram

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I didn't say the Beatles had no merit whatsoever, I said they are overrated by people who claim that they are the greatest and most influential musicians of all time, ever, which is clearly nonsense. 

I learned to play by having a guitar and the Rush songbook; I'm not claiming that Rush are the most influential band of all time, ever... in fact, they're probably the reason I still can't play in time, ever. 

As for Bob The Badger, he just gets a bit obsessed with trying to score points when someone disagrees with his opinion. 

Unlike Dave Grohl, who I'm sure is very easy going and lovely, and wouldn't force me to shag to the Beatles, or anything like that. 

I actually  never said they were the most influential musicians of all time. I said they weren't overrated.

The two things are not even close to being the same thing.

And their insane success both collectively and individually way past your 1970 comment, seems to indicate that may be true.

When you say an opinion 'is clearly nonsense' then you just demonstrate you don't really understand what an opinion is.

An opinion is a subjective belief and you saying it's 'clearly' nonsense doesn't make it so - unless that is, every other person on the planet agrees with you.

In that case I shall conceded.

In the meantime it's fine for you to say, 'They were clearly called The Beatles'.....I think.

41 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

When you say an opinion 'is clearly nonsense' then you just demonstrate you don't really understand what an opinion is.

A bit like you calling me 'totally ignorant' for not sharing your opinion. 

You're making it personal and being a grade A bore tbh. I suggest we leave it there. 

On 19/06/2018 at 00:43, Lambchop said:

I think Guns n Roses are overrated. There were two or three good songs on Appetite

2 or 3 good songs of appetite for destruction???!! You've got to be trolling

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

As for Bob The Badger, he just gets a bit obsessed with trying to score points when someone disagrees with his opinion.

You can’t believe how amusing l found this. Which reminds me. Muse.

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So I can't have this...

Thanks Andy I enjoyed that ... when was that the late 1970s I think.  Towards the end of the stones era , creatively at least but even now they are great performers. 

As far as I'm concerned no entertainer or group should be labelled 'overrated'!

No one is forced to like or admire everything in this life. I prefer Mozart to Beethoven.

Ice cream to chocolate. A nice cup of tea to champagne. Football to cricket. The Rams to any other team. The Beatles to any other group. I believe that the Stones' best songs died with Brian Jones. Mark knopfler and Eric Clapton are great guitarists. I could go on and on waffling. The point I am trying to put over is that no two people will agree in every respect and it is best to enjoy what, and who, we like, but never to brand anything as overrated or anyone as ignorant or stupid merely for holding and expressing often diametrically opposing opinions.

Therein lies discord and strife.

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, steve brummie said:

No one is forced to like or admire everything in this life. I prefer Mozart to Beethoven.

Ice cream to chocolate. A nice cup of tea to champagne. Football to cricket. The Rams to any other team. The Beatles to any other group. I believe that the Stones' best songs died with Brian Jones. Mark knopfler and Eric Clapton are great guitarists. I could go on and on waffling. The point I am trying to put over is that no two people will agree in every respect and it is best to enjoy what, and who, we like, but never to brand anything as overrated or anyone as ignorant or stupid merely for holding and expressing often diametrically opposing opinions.

I agree with this. Never understand the comments on YouTube.. Someone posts a video they like and someone else says they hate the artist and everything they've done. Then starts a load of bitching. Why? Life's too short for that. 

8 hours ago, steve brummie said:

The internet has provided a stage for any self important individual to vent their small minded thoughts about why they are right and everybody else is wrong.  Probably the best way to deal with this is to ignore them like we used to do with the idiot in the pub who talked conceited bollx.  

10 hours ago, Eargasm said:

Dire Straights worst band of all time !......

and don't get me started on Kraftwerk !..... does anyone really need a pocket calculator for adding and subtracting ? ?

OMG You can not be serious  Dire Straights ……………………… Mark Knopfler is awesome

Brothers in Arms is a true classic whatever genre of music you prefer, Silver Town, Sultans of Swing, Romeo & Juliet, Your Latest Trick ….. the list is long, 

10 hours ago, Eargasm said:

Dire Straights worst band of all time !......

and don't get me started on Kraftwerk !..... does anyone really need a pocket calculator for adding and subtracting ? ?

Pretty much anyone under the age of 40.....

21 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You can’t believe how amusing l found this. Which reminds me. Muse.

? I was looking for my 'hello pot, I'm kettle' gif. I really hope there was a huge dash of irony there from Lambchop.

Muse....really started out great...becoming a bit overblown I agree.

Blobby Williams.  

Archived