Most Overrated Bands of all Time

Hathersage Ram

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
16 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Sexy Sadie, Piggies, Rocky Racoon, Ob-la-di, Why don't we do it in the road, Me and me Monkey, Bungalow Bill, etc.

Dross thrown in to make it a double album. Fillers.

It’s an uneven album and a long standing debate about whether it should ever have been a double. I think the plan was to make a single album but they had too much material and were arguing over what to leave out. Sexy Sadie is not dross , Obladioblada was a number 1 for marmalade but not everyone’s cup of tea

It's a great album. More great songs than bad. And massively influential.

Over-rated: Oasis, Genesis, Foo Fighters, The Who, Simple Minds, The Rolling Stones (now there is a band with a hell of a lot of filler on most albums!).

15 hours ago, archied said:

Queen ,, most overrated of all time

Their certainly up there....I'd also add in as contenders, in my opinion...Genesis, Elton John, Meatloaf. Rod Stewart, Micheal Jackson, Bowie, the Who & the Bee Gees.

Finally the Stones should of quit after the 60s, absolute bilge since, almost 50yrs of stinking the joint out Is just unforgivable...

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

Their certainly up there....I'd also add in as contenders, in my opinion...Genesis, Elton John, Meatloaf. Rod Stewart, Micheal Jackson, Bowie, the Who & the Bee Gees.

Finally the Stones should of quit after the 60s, absolute bilge since, almost 50yrs of stinking the joint out Is just unforgivable...

Hahaha. So just about everybody really .

3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Dave Grohl tho. I would. 

Is that the Dave  Grohl who said this:

Grohl told Access Hollywood that McCartney and the Beatles inspired him at an early age. “When I was young, that’s how I learned how to play music – I had a guitar and a Beatles songbook. I would listen to the records and play along. Of course, it didn’t sound like the Beatles, but it got me to understand song structure and melody and harmony and arrangement. So, I never had a teacher – I just had these Beatles records.”

Even the late Cobain admired the Beatles, said Grohl. “Even in Nirvana – the Beatles [were] such a huge influence. Kurt loved the Beatles because it was just so simple. Well, it seemed simple… they sound easy to play, but you know what? They’re hard!”

grimacing-face_1f62c.png.32a212649496d95203cabe442a4dcc62.png

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Is that the Dave  Grohl who said this:

Grohl told Access Hollywood that McCartney and the Beatles inspired him at an early age. “When I was young, that’s how I learned how to play music – I had a guitar and a Beatles songbook. I would listen to the records and play along. Of course, it didn’t sound like the Beatles, but it got me to understand song structure and melody and harmony and arrangement. So, I never had a teacher – I just had these Beatles records.”

Even the late Cobain admired the Beatles, said Grohl. “Even in Nirvana – the Beatles [were] such a huge influence. Kurt loved the Beatles because it was just so simple. Well, it seemed simple… they sound easy to play, but you know what? They’re hard!”

grimacing-face_1f62c.png.32a212649496d95203cabe442a4dcc62.png

To be fair she never said he'd have to open that pretty little mouth of his. Last time I checked you don't have to agree with much or anything a person says to find them sexually attractive.

3 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

Blimey. If they'd quit then, there'd be no Sticky Fingers, no Exile, no Some Girls. That's not a world I'd want to live in.

13 minutes ago, Anon said:

To be fair she never said he'd have to open that pretty little mouth of his. Last time I checked you don't have to agree with much or anything a person says to find them sexually attractive.

Agreed, I rarely agree with Eddie but...

34 minutes ago, Anon said:

Last time I checked you don't have to agree with much or anything a person says to find them sexually attractive

I didn't say the Beatles had no merit whatsoever, I said they are overrated by people who claim that they are the greatest and most influential musicians of all time, ever, which is clearly nonsense. 

I learned to play by having a guitar and the Rush songbook; I'm not claiming that Rush are the most influential band of all time, ever... in fact, they're probably the reason I still can't play in time, ever. 

As for Bob The Badger, he just gets a bit obsessed with trying to score points when someone disagrees with his opinion. 

Unlike Dave Grohl, who I'm sure is very easy going and lovely, and wouldn't force me to shag to the Beatles, or anything like that. 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Blimey. If they'd quit then, there'd be no Sticky Fingers, no Exile, no Some Girls. That's not a world I'd want to live in.

Flip, I couldn't have you feeling like that Andy...so I'll give them until 73 just for you. But i can't push the pre bilge date any further, sorry....Even at 73 my Pinocchi-nose is growing. 

Archived