Snake City watch

Zag zig

2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

From their forum

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/278539/summer-2018-transfer-window?page=125#ixzz5Lb02PmXh

I find the second part of that stance (limiting loanees etc) silly, irrational and dogmatic.
Loans were important facets of the squads of promoted teams last year. Boly in defence, Jota, Boatini, N'Diaye, Afobe.
Fulham found Mitrovic a tad useful too.
And then you had players like Harry Wilson scoring double figures
One of the top 3 standout creative players in that league last season was also probably Snodgrass.

The idea that loan players are somehow uncommitted vs younger players or perm players is unfounded drivel.

As with so much in life, context is everything. Do Ibe or Lingarrd prove anything about loans? One was great, the other not. Since then, one great, one not so great...

Got to be the right player for the right reasons, loan or perm, as if football isn't littered with signings who got the contract then put their feet up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League, I don't see the point in moving to Stoke, you know where he should go?

MLS

Accept international football will never come his way, nor will European football. Go out there, across the pond and challenge Russell to be the next Bradley Wright Philips. 

Rooney and Ibrahimovic are out there, but that will be over in a year or two. 

Ince could have a decent 10 years out there, be the star attraction and adored by fans. 

Back and forth from the top of the Championship and bottom of the Prem is great and everything, plenty of money to be made but why not go and be a star somewhere and win titles, albeit Pub League. 

2 goals last season but I suspect Huddersfield couldn’t change thier style to accommodate him fully but it looks like they are bringing in a couple of wingers from overseas so they may well want him to move for the money but I am not sure they will get thier money back 

or it could be a kick up the backside to Newcastle to sell them Ritchie 

now would Ince want to go to stoke - well I am not to sure but if they offer enough money ? it could happen 

36 minutes ago, David said:

Too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League, I don't see the point in moving to Stoke, you know where he should go?

MLS

Accept international football will never come his way, nor will European football. Go out there, across the pond and challenge Russell to be the next Bradley Wright Philips. 

Rooney and Ibrahimovic are out there, but that will be over in a year or two. 

Ince could have a decent 10 years out there, be the star attraction and adored by fans. 

Back and forth from the top of the Championship and bottom of the Prem is great and everything, plenty of money to be made but why not go and be a star somewhere and win titles, albeit Pub League. 

To be fair "Too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League" means he'd probably fit in the other top European leagues. Sure, they have some teams at PL level and above but most are below. He'd have a good, competitive, career out there.

Well Hull, Derby, and Huddersfield have all made a profit on him then. I wonder if Stoke will be the end of that road?

Not too bothered. I liked Ince, I wish he'd never left, but I don't think he's anything like a dominant player in this league. 

Archived