Extra £2.5m in Frank's pot...?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, northantsram said:

that's great news ... wonder if we pocketed more from the Will Hughes deal and Watford staying up also ....

given watford hadnt just been promoted when they took him, id say thats a NO

9 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I've been told by a Huddersfield Town employee that they have paid DCFC £2.5m today as part of the Tom Ince transfer fee, triggered by them staying in the Premier League.

That's June's wage bill covered then...

Which was ours until they robbed us blind with Butterfield and I bet I know which owner is chuckling today, mind you would they like to loan us Ince for some of that? 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

What does that take the total fee received to then?

Exactly lots have been bemoaning the fees we got Ince and especially Hughes (can understand hughes more). 

Fact is no one knows the exact fees, how they are structured and where the total may end up at. 

Hopefully this is true and helps alleviate some financial pressure!

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

£10.5m currently ain’t it? Would be the joint record sale alongside Jeff.

We sold Ince for more than Hendrick if I remember the reports (around the £11 mill bracket). Certainly made him our biggest sale if its true about the extra £2.5

55 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

We sold Ince for more than Hendrick if I remember the reports (around the £11 mill bracket). Certainly made him our biggest sale if its true about the extra £2.5

Wasn’t it 8mil rising to 11.5? If we’ve got 2.5m of the add-ons now then it potentially could be our record sale, but isn’t yet.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

mind you would they like to loan us Ince for some of that? 

God I bloody hope not.

We spent the best part of 3 years doing everything we could to further Tom Ince's career at the expense of every other attacking player at the club.

Even with Rowett's horrible uber defensive tactics we managed to score 16 more goals than the season he was our (self-made) 'only attacking threat'

Selling him was the right thing to do, and he'd not have had anywhere near the same impact if he was playing under Rowett's tactics last season. 

The natural place for this post is the unpopular opinions thread, I know!

Archived