Extra £2.5m in Frank's pot...?

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

God I bloody hope not.

We spent the best part of 3 years doing everything we could to further Tom Ince's career at the expense of every other attacking player at the club.

Even with Rowett's horrible uber defensive tactics we managed to score 16 more goals than the season he was our (self-made) 'only attacking threat'

Selling him was the right thing to do, and he'd not have had anywhere near the same impact if he was playing under Rowett's tactics last season. 

True 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I've been told by a Huddersfield Town employee that they have paid DCFC £2.5m today as part of the Tom Ince transfer fee, triggered by them staying in the Premier League.

That's June's wage bill covered then...

Won’t it all go to his mum?

33 minutes ago, Coconut said:

We spent the best part of 3 years doing everything we could to further Tom Ince's career at the expense of every other attacking player at the club.

Implying the other attacking players were playing anywhere up to the standard that Ince was. I ducking hate this narrative. That Ince was so selfish that he stopped the other attackers from doing anything, it's complete nonsense.

The other attackers didn't produce anything because they were poo. Not because Tom Ince stopped them.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

God I bloody hope not.

Even with Rowett's horrible uber defensive tactics we managed to score 16 more goals than the season he was our (self-made) 'only attacking threat'

Selling him was the right thing to do, and he'd not have had anywhere near the same impact if he was playing under Rowett's tactics last season. 

The natural place for this post is the unpopular opinions thread, I know!

Agreed. ?

We spent the best part of 3 years doing everything we could to fu.....up  Chris martins career too

11 hours ago, Andicis said:

Implying the other attacking players were playing anywhere up to the standard that Ince was. I ducking hate this narrative. That Ince was so selfish that he stopped the other attackers from doing anything, it's complete nonsense.

The other attackers didn't produce anything because they were poo. Not because Tom Ince stopped them.

Look at his shots to goals ratio. I believe it was about 10 to 1.

Every move ended with Ince whether good or bad.

18 hours ago, minesahartington said:

I still cant believe we got money for Roger.  Really makes me chuckle

I’ve seen Rowett called Roger a couple of times now. Can someone explain? I assume it’s a Colin banker thing, but I can’t work it out. 

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I’ve seen Rowett called Roger a couple of times now. Can someone explain? I assume it’s a Colin banker thing, but I can’t work it out. 

I believe its due to Roger the Snake, the kids book? Not sure though.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Hissing Sid would be better

36 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Never heard of it. Assumed it was before my time as a youngster, but a quick Google tells me it was first published in 1999, a reference I am actually too old for, and now I officially feel past it! ?

45 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I thought I’d look stupid if I asked ???

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Never heard of it. Assumed it was before my time as a youngster, but a quick Google tells me it was first published in 1999, a reference I am actually too old for, and now I officially feel past it! ?

To be fair I was 7 when it was released and I was completely unaware of it too - I think some of the folks on here got some easy English classes at school ? 

19 minutes ago, SKRam said:

One or two abbreviations on here I haven’t the foggiest what they mean. I’ve tried to work them out ?

I think Gary Rowett = Roger Twaty or Roger Y Tw*t or Rogery Tw*t. Think the choice needs a poll??? ?

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Warty Todger?

We are heading in the right direction ,,

song to the tune of the whole things daft ,I don’t know why , u have to laugh or else you cry 

you ducked off to stoke

we re glad you did 

cause we got frank 

and 2 million quid 

song at full volume round the ground

Archived