Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I had to drop out of watching it part way through because of work ?

Did he mention how long he's going out to the World Cup for? Would hope he's going to be back before pre-season training?

The quote was "some of the World Cup" I believe - so I'd imagine that he would be. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Loved that.

Me and my young lad both sat on the stairs watching with big smiles on our faces. 

Can’t remember the last time I was as excited with a new manager appointment as this. 

Strange really as he has no management history to hang it on, but man I’m looking forward to the new season already!! 

You have a tv at the bottom of the stairs? 

Interesting interview.

Frank evidently is quite excited about the job and says the right things. He seems to have an idea about what he wants from his players and potentially some players he wants to bring in. I think he briefly alluded to the fact that it will be a clean slate when he comes back. (Loan players coming home to roost again?)

Dodged question about JT but alluded to the fact that his backroom staff is an all-but-done deal already. 

He also mentioned that he is going to the World Cup (as a pundit?). 

Wasn't overly impressed by his answers towards his knowledge of Championship football vs Prem/Champions League, but perhaps it was just the way he answered it.

Seems to take on board the views of the people he respects, but it won't be management by consensus (my words).

All I hope for is that he knows the strengths and weaknesses of our squad.

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Interesting interview.

Frank evidently is quite excited about the job and says the right things. He seems to have an idea about what he wants from his players and potentially some players he wants to bring in. I think he briefly alluded to the fact that it will be a clean slate when he comes back. (Loan players coming home to roost again?)

Dodged question about JT but alluded to the fact that his backroom staff is an all-but-done deal already. 

Wasn't overly impressed by his answers towards his knowledge of Championship football vs Prem/Champions League, but perhaps it was just the way he answered it.

Seems to take on board the views of the people he respects, but it won't be management by consensus (my words).

I think he may be the judge of that over the next few weeks. I think the squad has plenty of untapped strengths

Thought it was a good first press conference. Speaks really well, not all cliches and no errrrrs. Spoke confidently about his knowledge of young players.

Time will tell, as with any new manager, but I'm very positive based on first impressions

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What date does pre season training start?

I'm not sure but its usually the end of June. It was 28th June last year.

So if starts on say, the 30th - he could pundit all of England's group games (if he's going as a pundit, which we dont know) and still be back in time for pre-season.

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Interesting interview.

Under no illusion that it will be a hard and fast learning curve while he gets to know the squads strengths. (Same for any new manager, but more so having not managed or played at this level). However he knows passion and hard work. Hopefully after that interview he can motivate and instil a respect of someone who has 'done it all' as a player.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

It was the 28th of June last season, so I'd guess somewhere between the 2nd and 9th of July for this season due to us making the play offs

Ah yeah thats a good call. If its the 9th he could be at the WC for the QFs! ? 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

he could pundit all of England's group games (if he's going as a pundit, which we dont know)

Yes we do

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44103384

Former England trio Alan Shearer, Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand will join the BBC's Fifa World Cup 2018 coverage from Russia next month.

Shearer, Lampard and Ferdinand join Lineker in the Red Square studio

Just now, StivePesley said:

We don't know if he still is, is what I mean. I agree its likely because the BBC havent said differently (and hes just said hes going to the WC anyway) but its assumed the contractual delays were linked to TV duties so its possible he's no longer doing it.

I just wanted to add that clarification tis all. 

Archived