What would you ask the new manager?

David

With us set to appoint a new manager shortly, let’s say you could ask them one question at the press conference, for example what style of play should the fans expect to see from you? 

What would you ask? (Sensible & clean only, for just one topic!)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clause `at the press conference` scuppered it, but it`s a really good question. The reason I say that is because in public any new manager wouldn`t be able to answer sensibly/ truthfully. I`d want to know how he was going to tackle our squad, as in, how is he going to manage to do all the things it seems the ownership requires of him and keep us competitive. Reduce the wage bill (and reasonably the average age), introduce some players form the youth set up, move on players surplus to our requirements (and not the most attractive purchases for other clubs presumably). It`ll be a struggle for anyone, let alone someone with no managerial experience.

Sensible and clean in just one topic was too much to ask then. Shame as everyone has been fairly vocal for the manager they would and wouldn’t like over the last week. With the usual complaints on how dull press conferences are with the generic “what attracted you to Derby” type questions, thought it would be interesting to know what you would ask. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Sensible and clean in just one topic was too much to ask then. Shame as everyone has been fairly vocal for the manager they would and wouldn’t like over the last week. With the usual complaints on how dull press conferences are with the generic “what attracted you to Derby” type questions, thought it would be interesting to know what you would ask. 

Well, he said we were a big club with tradition, which he liked. That`s nice of him...

4 minutes ago, Ramsdens said:

Well, he said we were a big club with tradition, which he liked. That`s nice of him...

Exactly, we’ve heard that already and every manager that walks through PP doors will trot out the same line. Let’s say it is Frank Lampard, we know the national media will be shining the spotlight on us, probably checking forums and social media gauging fans reactions to base their questions on?

6 minutes ago, David said:

Exactly, we’ve heard that already and every manager that walks through PP doors will trot out the same line. Let’s say it is Frank Lampard, we know the national media will be shining the spotlight on us, probably checking forums and social media gauging fans reactions to base their questions on?

Realistically, that is what virtually anyone WILL say, unless they`re a former player and then they don`t need to say it... the route we have just travelled. Over 500 people have responded on here about FL, largely positively, it seems inevitable form the DCFC bubble I occupy. I`m really unsure this is a good thing but no one issues guarantees. Apart form a big name in glossy PL football, what does he offer ? That`s what I`d like to ask. Lots of commentators reference his contacts, is that really true ? How will a playing reputation translate to a Championship club (trying to cut its costs) asking for favours ? I`d ask that too. 

32 minutes ago, David said:

A sunny bank holiday Monday with ale flowing freely and you want sensible and clean questions!

A few questions I would like answering.

Have you any designs on bringing in new signings or loans if so who and where from.?

After Gr  failings what are you going to do different.?

Gr  got us in the play offs ,what are your objectives for this season?

Will Vydra  and Carson be staying at the club?

Archived