Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

He won't be going for 8 million. That's implying having the best season of his career has added no value, and actually with the way prices have gone up, depreciated in value from when we signed him. With the way this market works, 20 million or jog on.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Vydra would go to Stoke. A big pay rise and playing under a manager who he's just had his best season with. Yes he dropped him for some important games, but I think the fact he seems to be Rowett's number 1 target would probably put him back in Vydra's good books. I highly doubt it would be for the £8 million suggested though, but I'm sure he'll go and there will be 5 or 6 different figures quoted by media outlets across the country 

26 minutes ago, Potter said:

You're very probably right mate.  Unless Mel is super keen to bring in the cash?

We may well need money but the league leading goal scorer for many a championship season has been sold for £15-16 million mark in recent seasons so come back with reality of a decent bid but it’s worth noting that Rowett played Vydra as sub or Behind a lone forward but he had the option to play him next to chris Martin which simply never happened and in my eyes if we had entertained the notion of passing the football on the ground then he would have scored an awful lot more goals in my opinion 

you may well do well in terms of results but you may not enjoy what you see on the pitch - mainly at Derby we like to see the football passed progressively towards goal not put in behind the full backs and an energy player runs up and down after it 

welcome back to the best league in the world - brilliant days out everywhere, games on a Saturday at 3 pm night games local derbies everything and you might actually win the odd game - the premiership has money and nothing else the championship is for football supporters 

38 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The two games I was referring to was Barnsley at Home, where we needed to win and Fulham away in the play off second leg. He dropped him in both games to start Weimann and Lawrence. He didn’t trust him enough, despite being the top goalscorer. Vydra’s form did drop in the final third of the season, I can’t question that, but Rowett made no secret in preferring the less technical players in favour for grit. It’s exactly the reason you see a lot of Derby fans not shedding a tear that he has gone, me included. He’s the definition of a percentage-based, second ball-favouring and what I would class as a ‘shortcut’ manager. He played Vydra in the number 10 role and he was better for it, but those two games in particular highlight the lack of trust. It’s why I can see him coming back for Weimann, who he trusted a lot and would be cheap in comparison and perhaps a big bid for Lawrence, who he continually stuck with despite a number of underwhelming performances, but no Vydra. 

Fair enough ?

27 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I think Vydra would go to Stoke. A big pay rise and playing under a manager who he's just had his best season with. Yes he dropped him for some important games, but I think the fact he seems to be Rowett's number 1 target would probably put him back in Vydra's good books. I highly doubt it would be for the £8 million suggested though, but I'm sure he'll go and there will be 5 or 6 different figures quoted by media outlets across the country 

£8m seems ridiculously cheap I must admit.

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We may well need money but the league leading goal scorer for many a championship season has been sold for £15-16 million mark in recent seasons so come back with reality of a decent bid but it’s worth noting that Rowett played Vydra as sub or Behind a lone forward but he had the option to play him next to chris Martin which simply never happened and in my eyes if we had entertained the notion of passing the football on the ground then he would have scored an awful lot more goals in my opinion 

you may well do well in terms of results but you may not enjoy what you see on the pitch - mainly at Derby we like to see the football passed progressively towards goal not put in behind the full backs and an energy player runs up and down after it 

welcome back to the best league in the world - brilliant days out everywhere, games on a Saturday at 3 pm night games local derbies everything and you might actually win the odd game - the premiership has money and nothing else the championship is for football supporters 

I don't think that's just 'at Derby' mate, I think every footy fan enjoys progressive football tbh.  Have always preferred teams that have a good mixture about them and can adapt depending on the circumstances of the game; having clever players on (and coaches off) the pitch that can identify a way of overcoming the opposition whether it's playing it in triangles around a congested midfield and pulling the trigger at the right time, or going long down the channels to find some space and get the opposition facing their own goal.  The best teams not only impose themselves but can adapt to the opposition.  

Looking forward (in a perverse way) to being in the Championship.  As you say, some great away days and, hopefully, some decent results and big scorelines.  Good to be competitive too, and will be great to get some more games under the floodlights ?  Know what you mean about the Premiership, it can feel like a real war of attrition and realistically you're only ever fighting to be 'best of the rest' outside of the Top 6.  Would I swap a season in the Championship for some of the games we've had in the last 10 seasons? Not sure to be honest, and I've undoubtedly seen some talented players and fantastic games down Stoke that I never thought possible growing up.  Still, hopefully we're in a better position to see it again in the not too distant future compared to the last time we were relegated from the top flight, but determined to 'enjoy' the ride whilst we're back in the 2nd tier ?

45 minutes ago, Potter said:

£8m seems ridiculously cheap I must admit.

We sold Ince and Hughes for what most of the Derby fans would consider cheap so there's a bit of a worry we'll end up doing the same with Vydra. But the same thing happened with those two, a figure was first reported that was really low, then by the time they were sold there were 5 or 6 different numbers quoted by media outlets, so we still don't have a definitive answer

15 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

We sold Ince and Hughes for what most of the Derby fans would consider cheap so there's a bit of a worry we'll end up doing the same with Vydra. But the same thing happened with those two, a figure was first reported that was really low, then by the time they were sold there were 5 or 6 different numbers quoted by media outlets, so we still don't have a definitive answer

Isn’t that just because,despite us bigging them up,only Huddersfield and Watford were interested in signing them?!

19 hours ago, eddie said:

With respect to any forthcoming transfer of Vydra, the uncertainty over the new manager at Pride Park couldn't have come at a better time for Derby - or at a worse time for Stoke.

Thankyou <insert one of 20 interviewees here> for your application,  I should let you know that we are planning to sell Vydra, Carson and Davis , do you have a problem with that,....

Oh you do, well thankyou for your time and we will let you know in due course .........  

Next! 

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Stoke Board says Vydra and someone else from Derby is a done deal at £11mil. They can't agree on the other and it is from Carson Weimann Davies and Ledley

The same Vydra that GR didn’t always use in the starting 11. 

£11m for Vydra and another player ??‍♂️?? give over, if Stoke want any of our players surely we charge them a premium not a pittance  ???????

Scandalous selling vydra alone for £11 million. 

Rhodes (twice), Hogan, Kodjia, McCormack (twice), Braithwaite, Assombolonga, Andre Gray have all gone for more than we paid for vydra and dont rate any of them better than vydra 

Archived