Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

About 12 months ago I saw Vydra in Beeston Sainsbury’s, he had an S63 merc with Czech plates but suppose could easily have changed it by now or have several cars

I've seen him in a Ferrari, czech plates again. 

This window is going to revolve around how much we can generate from selling Vydra. He is literally the only player in the squad with a resale value. I can't see the likes of Anya, Butterfield leaving on permanent deals, simply due to the fat contracts they're on. Got to hope for loans at best.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Keep

there is plenty of others to shift first.

But how much, if anything, will we get for them.

The best bit of business Derby did in my lifetime was selling Kevin Wilson after a scoring streak. We used the money to buy Micklewhite and Christie signalling the start of 5 - 6 years of year on year progress.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

The best bit of business Derby did in my lifetime was selling Kevin Wilson after a scoring streak. We used the money to buy Micklewhite and Christie signalling the start of 5 - 6 years of year on year progress.

This a million times. Unless you're Manu, Real Madrid or summat, selling at the right time is as important as buying well or bringing through kids. One thing we've done poorly on in recent years.

I was chuffed to bits when Bryson signed again after the Burnley interest, and I love the guy, but given the impact levels he's had here since with injury and the managerial shenanigans, we'd have been as well to cash in.

Now's the time to sell Vyds if the money's right. To whoever.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Remember those times so well, my favourite times watching the Rams, Mr Cox bought some excellent players to Derby. Remember Geriant Williams signed him from Bristol Rovers for 40,000, what a player he became for us, playing in division 3,2 and 1.

Least we seem to be taking our time to make sure we don’t get ripped off, especially by leeds. Need to get every penny out of them if we’re forced to sell him to a promotion rival. That said if we have to sell before we buy, we could do with shifting some in the next week or so so we can start bringing in players..

4 minutes ago, needles said:

This a million times. Unless you're Manu, Real Madrid or summat, selling at the right time is as important as buying well or bringing through kids. One thing we've done poorly on in recent years.

I was chuffed to bits when Bryson signed again after the Burnley interest, and I love the guy, but given the impact levels he's had here since with injury and the managerial shenanigans, we'd have been as well to cash in.

Agreed. Only played we have sold at the right time in recent years is Hendrick. A very good championship player who had a good Euros. No way on this gods green earth was he worth £10 million. 

Will Hughes all over again.

"Only worth what someone will paid"

No really interest from the Prem, if we need to sell to stay within FFP and Lampard wants his own players id expect us to sell at owt over double figure.

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

About 12 months ago I saw Vydra in Beeston Sainsbury’s, he had an S63 merc with Czech plates but suppose could easily have changed it by now or have several cars

I can second that, when I saw him in March he had the Merc with the Czech plates on. Left Hand drive too. 

8 hours ago, needles said:

To be fair regarding Bryson the price at the time wasn’t right. £750K (reportedly) for a midfielder in his prime that had just scored 16/17 goals? Clough had gone by then so we would have been very hard pressed to find anybody decent to replace him for that kind of money. 

Fully agree with you on selling Vyds, I’ve already accepted it in my mind just get the money in and get Frankie some players.

Archived