Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So last night the Mirror was saying we'd be selling Vydra for £7 million.

Tonight it's saying we want to make a substantial profit on the £8 million we spent on him. 

Its almost like they have absolutely no idea. 

Imagine that. A newspaper making it up as they go along.

PistoldPete2
22 hours ago, Carnero said:

Thank you for proving my post on page 35 of this thread.

The article quoting £8 million said this is what Derby wanted. The article in the Watford observer quotes the fee actually paid. Which may rise with add ons. Either way it's a bag of ork scratchings compared to his value.

I'm foooking sick of reading press articles where various managers are signing Vyds for £7m.  If Mel can't get £12m for a 26 year old with 20 + goals and the golden boot for the Championship, then a fool and his money are quickly parted. There may be mitigating circumstances around FFP but a business man of his stature should not be pushed over by Wannabees like the hunts from Leeds!

5 minutes ago, SlamBamRam said:

I'm foooking sick of reading press articles where various managers are signing Vyds for £7m.  If Mel can't get £12m for a 26 year old with 20 + goals and the golden boot for the Championship, then a fool and his money are quickly parted. There may be mitigating circumstances around FFP but a business man of his stature should not be pushed over by Wannabees like the hunts from Leeds!

The fools are those who believe the rumoured £7m fee and criticise the club on the back of it.

On 13/06/2018 at 19:26, PistoldPete2 said:

A fee of £4 million or whatever for Hughes whether it's with add ons or not was just criminal and Derby were rightly criticised both by their fans and by neutrals fir letting him go so cheaply. 

Looks  like Derby may have learned their lesson and won't be caught with pants down over Vydra. Let's hope so anyway. 

It was 4.5 with add ons to 8 however the fee was poor for the player.but we decided to sell and thats that.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Seems like the new Leeds manager likes Vydra alot and favours him over Abel Hernandez - West Brom also being linked with a strong interest, hopefully a bidding war will result in us getting a decent fee

We need Prem teams to come in to push the price up. If not keep Vyds and sell some others.   

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We need Prem teams to come in to push the price up. If not keep Vyds and sell some others.   

Not really, 3 teams who have been linked mostly are Leeds, Stoke & West Brom - 2 have big parachute payments and the other has a new owner/investor so has a big budget to spend

I really wouldn't want Vydra to go to another championship club. I'd much rather he work his magic in the premiership where he can't hurt us. If he does go to a championship club I hope we've got a very strong replacement signed before he's sold. Ideally I'd like to keep him though.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

The fools are those who believe the rumoured £7m fee and criticise the club on the back of it.

Disgrace. £7m is a disgrace. It just goes to show how disgracefully the club is being run. Disgrace. It's an absolute disgrace. It's a disgrace. Disgraceful. It's an absolute disgrace. And at the same time there are elderly people with only a handful of change. It's a disgrace. 

I don't like to say that a good player can't play in certain formations. An intelligent and skillful player with the right coaching could well be capable of playing in any formation.

50 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Even if we went 433 or to a formation that dont suit him?

Archived