Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Aren't you then hindering both Mount and Bryson by pushing them wide? They're players who likes to get into the box, they wouldn't have the opportunity to do that if Lawrence and Vydra are taking up their position.

Besides, doing that means you'd have to drop natural wingers. What would have been the point in signing Jozefzoon and Wilson while you're restricting the progress of Luke Thomas too.

One of the issues with playing 4-2-3-1 is having flat central midfielders, and expecting fullbacks to push forward. I don't see Wisdom as an attacking fullback at all, and the same can be said of Forsyth post injuries.

IMO, you're changing too much and hindering other players trying to get Vydra into the first-team. If you can't get him into the first-team, you're better off selling him for a decent fee.

We can't guarantee both Bryson and Mount will play every game, Bryson in particular has been quite injury prone. So a 4-2-4 would be an option,  with Hud and Mount in midfield.  Flo Jo or Lawrence as wingers and Wilson . Thats more like the formation of last year except with more creative players in midfield and in wide positions.    

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Is anything that Bris said wrong though? McClaren came out and pretty much word for word stated what Bris said about Vydra, both when he was manager and after his sacking. I’d trust Mac’s view over any others as he saw Vydra train every day and he simply didn’t work in a 4-3-3. McClaren tried everything with Vydra and he was useless in every position McClaren played him in, so much so that he thought that Bent was technically superior to Vydra. That’s why McClaren was so desperate to get Martin back.

To be fair to Vydra when mac2 was here with Vydra how many times did he start up front centrally? Because it couldn’t have been many as Mac 2 didn’t last very long at all and also to be fair to Vydra was it Butterfield and Johnson supplying him wasn’t it?

Just when you think everything that could be said has been said....

Someone asks a question that has been asked/ answered/ critiqued and rehashed 10times already. ...again ...as if no-one has ever asked it before. 

Can we lock the thread....he's clearly staying!  ..... but if so can we afford to keep him and does he fit into the way Lampard wants to play..........

33 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Just when you think everything that could be said has been said....

Someone asks a question that has been asked/ answered/ critiqued and rehashed 10times already. ...again ...as if no-one has ever asked it before. 

Can we lock the thread....he's clearly staying!  ..... but if so can we afford to keep him and does he fit into the way Lampard wants to play..........

Mischief maker ?

I’m a huge McClaren fan and he was hamstrung by the squad he had second time around but he failed to adapt tactically to what he had and this was most evident as far as Vydra was concerned. Tried to play 4-3-3 with a focal point to hold the ball up when the only one we had was on Loan at Fulham, Bent did ok but wasn’t the answer, Vydra really struggled. He then kept playing him wide which also doesn’t work. Play the forward 3 without asking the middle guy to hold the ball up and bring people into play, Vydra might do ok. It will need working on but he’s a talented player who we all know with a sight of goal is the single most lethal finisher in the division bar none. 

Lampard has to use the squad, if Vydra wants to play he will need to adapt but Lamps will know his strengths and will try to accommodate as best he can without compromising the team.

If no more transfer business happens then make no mistake, we have a strong squad, improved from last season and we’ll be a force to be reckoned with.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

No need for personal insults. It’s not my fault you guys aren’t as knowledgeable as I am when it comes to football...

Just imagine how knowledgeable you'd be if you actually went to the live games instead of just watching them on a screen.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

No need for personal insults. It’s not my fault you guys aren’t as knowledgeable as I am when it comes to football...

Give over. You had an unfair advantage. The rest of us didn't know the season was already over in July.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Just imagine how knowledgeable you'd be if you actually went to the live games instead of just watching them on a screen.

I don't know if going to live games makes you any more knowledgeable. I've heard some of the most stupid comments of my life at live games.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Aren't you then hindering both Mount and Bryson by pushing them wide? They're players who likes to get into the box, they wouldn't have the opportunity to do that if Lawrence and Vydra are taking up their position.

Besides, doing that means you'd have to drop natural wingers. What would have been the point in signing Jozefzoon and Wilson while you're restricting the progress of Luke Thomas too.

One of the issues with playing 4-2-3-1 is having flat central midfielders, and expecting fullbacks to push forward. I don't see Wisdom as an attacking fullback at all, and the same can be said of Forsyth post injuries.

IMO, you're changing too much and hindering other players trying to get Vydra into the first-team. If you can't get him into the first-team, you're better off selling him for a decent fee.

I kinda find it funny your getting on your high horse about this when about a week a go you were arguing with @McLovin about selling Lawrence over Vydra and you were advocating playing Vydra in midfield.

That's not to say I disagree with your current view but to quote the big lebowski "Your not wrong, your just being an asshole".

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I doubt he has even kicked a football in his life, just rehashes other people’s opinions and calls them his own. Similar to that awful site, That does exactly the same.....

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Is anything that Bris said wrong though? McClaren came out and pretty much word for word stated what Bris said about Vydra, both when he was manager and after his sacking. I’d trust Mac’s view over any others as he saw Vydra train every day and he simply didn’t work in a 4-3-3. McClaren tried everything with Vydra and he was useless in every position McClaren played him in, so much so that he thought that Bent was technically superior to Vydra. That’s why McClaren was so desperate to get Martin back.

I admit that I am now a Bris Vegas post dodger. 

In order to get this post well past 800 pages could I suggest that we have two number 10's the other being Lawrence, he isn't a natural winger either . Maybe Vydra will get the nod if needed and not Lawrence as his goal output will be better and both are about as good as each other out wide .

Sell Lawrence sell sell sell. Waghorn will fit our team much better than Lawrence . Cheers

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

In order to get this post well past 800 pages could I suggest that we have two number 10's the other being Lawrence, he isn't a natural winger either . Maybe Vydra will get the nod if needed and not Lawrence as his goal output will be better and both are about as good as each other out wide .

Sell Lawrence sell sell sell. Waghorn will fit our team much better than Lawrence . Cheers

I don’t think considering that FL has signed 2 wide players in Wilson and Josefzoon yet is still playing Lawrence ahead of the latter that we are looking to sell Lawrence. 

Archived