Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The evidence that that Nuge and Bennett have played every preseason game. The evidence we’ve just bought Marriott as a striker and trying to buy Waghorn with the money we’d get for Vyds. 

Its pretty clear when you look

Or that Vydra has been injured. Which isn’t a surprise as he had numerous groin issues last season (and a few knee ones I believe). 

I think even @David confirmed he’d been injured by an anonymous source nevermind the fact Frank has mentioned multiple times he’s injured.  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Who says Lampard doesn't see him in his plans ? If he's been told from above that Vydra needs to go and theres been offers, tehres nothing he can do about it. Why would he not want last seasons top goalscorer. The deal broke down, If Vydra doesnt get a move anywhere, you can guarantee he will be back in back in the squad. 

Do you seriously think that someone from above has said you’ve got to sell Vydra?? More like he’s been told we need to generate some money / movement in the market and is Franks decision ...no one knows that but I don’t see FL as someone who’s told what to do without some input so basically this would’ve been discussed before taking over 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If you had to choose either Waghorn or Vydra to be in your squad for next season who would you choose?

For me Vydra all day long.

Except that's a really weird way of looking at things. It's not about who is the better all round player, it's about who fits the team better.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If you had to choose either Waghorn or Vydra to be in your squad for next season who would you choose?

If its 433 then Waghorn, would love for Vydra to replicate last season but really cant see it in a 433

If finances are ok and were not relying on Vydra going then I'm all for keeping him , not as the main central striker but in the attacking central midfield role/s , Mount and Bryson will be injured , out of form or need resting at some point. Who else have we got to come in , in that role. 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Same as the others. Waghorn in a 433. Bettwr than Vydra out wide, beyter than Vydra as a lone striker. I can't understand why anyone would say otherwise unless you want Vydra in the squad as a supersub. Very expensive supersub though and I'd rather cash in.

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

If finances are ok and were not relying on Vydra going then I'm all for keeping him , not as the main central striker but in the attacking central midfield role/s , Mount and Bryson will be injured , out of form or need resting at some point. Who else have we got to come in , in that role. 

Mount and Bryson still are in their own half a lot of the time as they are asked to do. 

There's no way Vydra could play in the role of Mount or Bryson. 

Anyone implying Vydra can play like Mount, Bryson or as a winger needs to seriously rewatch Vydra's first season for us. McClaren tried him on the wing in a 4-3-3 and he was awful. Vydra doesn't press anywhere close to the amount Mount and Bryson does. 

23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The evidence that that Nuge and Bennett have played every preseason game. The evidence we’ve just bought Marriott as a striker and trying to buy Waghorn with the money we’d get for Vyds. 

Vydra is injured

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I was thinking similar, but reverting to a 4231 type formation. Similar to last year only in the way we line up. Our wingers would push higher forming a 3 behind the main striker, and you would have to have 2 more defensive minded midfielders behind him to do the midfield work, as Vydra doesn’t possess the skill set of a pure centre midfielder.

It could work, particularly with his pace as he can quite easily get up with the striker, similar to how he and Nugent played last season in their purple patch

Just because frank was willing to sell Vydra for £11m, doesn’t mean he doesn’t rate him as a player. People seem to think it’s black and white and he either wants him to be the main man or wants rid completely. I’d imagine frank thought it was a chance to cash in and get a player that fits the system better, but if he isn’t going I’m sure he’ll utilise him.

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

At the minute, Hanson, Butterfield and Johnson. It seems like Wilson can drop in there. Evans, if he comes, fancies himself as a box to box midfielder. Elsnik or Guy if they don't go out on loan. Some of those players perhaps aren't ideal, but I'd still prefer to play any of them in midfield than Vydra.

I'm a bit miffed people are trying to shoehorn Vydra out wide, as a lone striker or now as I've seen a few times, a midfielder.

1 minute ago, Stedcfc said:

People seem to think it’s black and white and he either wants him to be the main man or wants rid completely.

Because it pretty much is. Either you start him, or you sell him. An 11 million pound sub is the worst of both worlds.

1 minute ago, Stedcfc said:

Just because frank was willing to sell Vydra for £11m, doesn’t mean he doesn’t rate him as a player. People seem to think it’s black and white and he either wants him to be the main man or wants rid completely. I’d imagine frank thought it was a chance to cash in and get a player that fits the system better, but if he isn’t going I’m sure he’ll utilise him.

Agreed but I think Frank wants Waghorn and is willing to sell Vydra to make that happen...

Frank and Mel are suffering from euphoria at the moment. Business sense is interesting but not exciting. ?Sign anyone who our Frank wants then sort it out one way or another. We are a couple of players away from being a top two side. We have a Xmas sale so what is the hurry? About ten out of contract at end of season so what is the exact dilemma?

Please explain to the euphoric about deadlines that we have to balance by

38 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not when you consider that Vydra has been injured, on a light training regime and not available for any of the games played thus far it's not. Sorry, but I feel you are confusing opinion with fact. It may be that ultimately you are proven correct but there is very little evidence to support your assumption as yet.

Archived