Best of luck Gary x

Parsnip

All the best Gary you big old tree x

Just to counter all the vitriol against Gary i just thought I'd write something a bit more positive.

For all his faults, he actually had a good go this season. Achieved play offs and I reckon another season with a bit of investment, he could have got us up.

In January, when a premier league club offered him a job - he turned it down, signed a new contract, and got on with the job of getting Derby promoted. Sadly it wasn't to be - but it wasn't for lack of trying on Gary's part. 

End of season, he obviously feels he'd need investment to take us any further - chairman says no - so he's moved on. He knows he's not exactly loved here anyway - and his contract ensures we'll get compensated. As far as I can see, the man's done nothing wrong.

So on that basis, although I'm hugely relieved he's gone, I have to wish him well.

COYR

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloke was a clown - terrible underachiever that brought miserable football to our club - said it before I cannot think of a single reason why he will be missed. 2nd worse season in 5 years (and he was manager at the end of the worst) got rid of all of our talent,- its a great day to be a Derby fan because the weakest link has left the building.

I've disliked him since right at the start when I heard about all the 'motivational posters' he'd had placed in the dressing rooms. How he had no idea what to do with Will. Throwing the FA Cup game against Manu. Defending a 0-1 against Wolves. His irritating soundbites and his horrible gravelly voice. And the football.

But this last bit, not that bothered. He's just got a new job and it's a win-win.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Feel so stupid for backing him so loyaly whilst he was here and sticking up for him when other people were wanting him out. I hope he fails miserably at Stoke and I wish him no luck whatsoever. 

Don't worry mate, when Stoke are stuck in 10th after spending 50 million on signing every pensioner from his local gala bingo we will have the last laugh. 

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Feel so stupid for backing him so loyaly whilst he was here and sticking up for him when other people were wanting him out. I hope he fails miserably at Stoke and I wish him no luck whatsoever. 

No shame in that - I was similar. No regrets as still believe stability is the most crucial aspect of any successful football club. 

Hopefully the next appointment isn't as divisive & we can all buy into what they're trying to do.

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Haha i wanted him here after Clement - when he was finally appointed I thought it was a brilliant decision. 

Then i got to know him.

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Hey up mate - why not join me in the middle ground?

chuckle at the extreme views.

point out the hypocrisy and inconsistency.

endorse @RoyMac5  from time to time .......he’s not bonkers you know.

nobody thinks you’re stupid  ?

What annoys me is that he got rid of my favourite players I’ve ever seen play for Derby and didn’t stick around for the building process.

Prettt unforgivable tbh.

Sold the family silver, gave us a year of ugly football, then ran at the first opportunity.

He has a reputation as a Proper Football Man. Head scratcher.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

We all got behind him and the team after the Burton fiasco, it was a pivotal moment for me that the fans didn't turn on Gary at the Middlesbrough game and then followed it up with superb support v Cardiff. We would have backed him all next season I believe and given him the chance to build something here, maybe like Dyche has done at Burnley.

He'll not get that at Stoke. They'll turn on him very quickly if it doesn't go well.

Archived