Best of luck Gary x

Parsnip

I wonder if Gary is in hiding in his house in Duffield. He has really lost any respect and credibility and fans of other clubs must be aware of what a two faced person he is. If I were him I'd be ashamed to show my face but then I have higher standards of behaviour. I will never ever trust anything he says again. Better times to come I hope with a more genuine person.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/05/2018 at 15:56, Dappled Ram said:

I wonder if Gary is in hiding in his house in Duffield. He has really lost any respect and credibility and fans of other clubs must be aware of what a two faced person he is. If I were him I'd be ashamed to show my face but then I have higher standards of behaviour. I will never ever trust anything he says again. Better times to come I hope with a more genuine person.

Why should he be in hiding for goodness sake? Has anyone been physically hurt. Has anyone died as a result GR leaving DCFC? Show me the coffins. 

On 22/05/2018 at 22:40, Parsnip said:

All the best Gary you big old tree x

Just to counter all the vitriol against Gary i just thought I'd write something a bit more positive.

For all his faults, he actually had a good go this season. Achieved play offs and I reckon another season with a bit of investment, he could have got us up.

In January, when a premier league club offered him a job - he turned it down, signed a new contract, and got on with the job of getting Derby promoted. Sadly it wasn't to be - but it wasn't for lack of trying on Gary's part. 

End of season, he obviously feels he'd need investment to take us any further - chairman says no - so he's moved on. He knows he's not exactly loved here anyway - and his contract ensures we'll get compensated. As far as I can see, the man's done nothing wrong.

So on that basis, although I'm hugely relieved he's gone, I have to wish him well.

COYR

He is a competitor now, if you were in business with that sort of attitude you'd be out of it very quickly. I hope he has a crushingly poor season at Stoke. I want Derby promoted and Stoke are competition, no love lost at all. That is the correct and only sporting mentality to have! I remember Lampard and Ferdinand talking about the fact they could barely speak to one another on England duty given they were so fiercely competitive on a club level - that is what you expect from a winners mentality. No room for your platitudes I hope at Derby County!

I think in time to come he will be the most unpopular ex-manager of recent times...if not ever.

No-one is going to defend him. I stuck with him to the end...and I think those who did, feel most betrayed in that he really was the shyster others predicted, leaving us with an aging, bloated squad...the opposite of what he promised.

Schteve and Cloughie will always split the fans, Clement and Pearson weren't given long enough and were 'pushed' .....even Billy can point to his promotion success. Jewell and Brown were equally as slapdash in the wreckage they left but they didnt stroll into a better paid job....so I don't feel as irked!

He is going to get sone hammer when he returns!!

20 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I think in time to come he will be the most unpopular ex-manager of recent times...if not ever.

No-one is going to defend him. I stuck with him to the end...and I think those who did, feel most betrayed in that he really was the shyster others predicted, leaving us with an aging, bloated squad...the opposite of what he promised.

Schteve and Cloughie will always split the fans, Clement and Pearson weren't given long enough and were 'pushed' .....even Billy can point to his promotion success. Jewell and Brown were equally as slapdash in the wreckage they left but they didnt stroll into a better paid job....so I don't feel as irked!

He is going to get sone hammer when he returns!!

Do you not think Mel might have actually urged him to take the Stoke job, to save face and give us a chance to play proper footy?

59 minutes ago, philmycock said:
1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Do you not think Mel might have actually urged him to take the Stoke job, to save face and give us a chance to play proper footy?

This could have happened but at the moment it is only speculation. We can only make judgements on what we definitely know about and all the evidence at the moment points to Gary being a snake. Maybe in time more will be revealed.

3 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

If we’d started carp next season Rowett would be out of a job, it’s a win-win for everyone, hopefully we’ll change back to a style more easy on the eye, it’s nieve to think Mel and Rowett haven’t had a conversation about his and our futures

Just now, Dappled Ram said:

Of course they would have had a talk about the respective futures of both parties. I wasn't party to that conversation so I can't speculate what it was about. I'm certainly not naive!

Ok, chill man, wasn’t aimed directly at you, just think they’d have had a chat and the outcome that’s happened was the best outcome for everyone, we’ll only know when Rowett writes his autobiography!

Archived